- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Not Specified
- Full time
Credit Risk Analyst
Reporting to the Head of Group Credit Risk, within Group Risk Department, the role will be working in a team responsible for assessing, monitoring and reporting on Credit Risks arising globally across the Schroders PLC Group from both Asset Management & Wealth Management activities. Credit
Reporting to the Head of Group Credit Risk, within Group Risk Department, the role will be working in a team responsible for assessing, monitoring and reporting on Credit Risks arising globally across the Schroders PLC Group from both Asset Management & Wealth Management activities.
Credit Risk arises from a wide spectrum of activities, including but not limited to Private Banking client needs, Wealth Management Treasury operations, Foreign Exchange and Asset Management trading. Credit Risks will be in the form of both Principal (direct Credit Risk to Schroders), or Agency (including Settlement positions and those on behalf of clients).
The Group Credit Risk Team works in close coordination with the other risk and corporate functions across the Group and has significant interaction with both client facing teams and internal operations.
• Support the Group Head of Credit Risk and Credit Risk Managers by assessing and recommending appropriate Credit Risk appetite/limits and active monitoring against such limits.
• Assessing and monitoring the material sources of Agency Credit Risks across the Group including the counterparty exposures that arise in our asset management businesses.
• Approve credit applications in a timely manner, within the discretion advised by Head of Group Credit Risk &/or in accordance with discretion as detailed in Credit Policies.
• Understanding the Credit Risks in various products and financial instruments including derivative contracts related to various client and counterparties.
• Monitor the aggregation of all sources of Agency Credit Risk and produce suitable management information and reporting to allow management of all identified Credit Risks.
• Review and where appropriate, challenge the processes and procedures used to manage Credit Risk data and subsequent reporting needs of the Credit Risk Team.
• Assist in developing business user requirements for system changes.
• Assess any material sources of Agency Credit Risk in new products requiring group approval.
• Identify and report to Group Head of Credit Risk when escalation may be required to the Group Head of Risk, CFO and GMC members when potential credit risk exposures may exceed or have exceeded risk appetite.
• Collaborate with Credit Risk team members ensuring efficient coverage of roles and Credit Risk Team responsibilities are maintained.
• Remain up to date with regulatory requirements and consultations that relate to Credit Risk and ensure internal procedures and practices comply with them.
Ad hoc Responsibilities:
• Provide Credit Risk insight and opinion to other operational or functional areas across the Group when requested to do so.
• Participate in Credit Committees and present credit reviews upon request.
• Participate in industry associations to promote and improve Credit Risk management practices.
• Monitor the efficiency of Credit Risk data, including internal management information systems and challenge any shortcomings or recommend noticeable efficiencies and improvements.
Education & Training/Qualifications:
• University degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent subject relevant to financial services sector.
• CFA, ACA, ACT MSI or Banking/Investment Management Certificate a plus
• Strong knowledge of the banking industry
• Good understanding of complex financial instruments and associated analysis
• Demonstrable experience in credit risk management within the financial services industry a plus
• Excellent numerical and financial analytical skills
• Good Credit Risk analysis skills, in particular across financial institutions and private individuals
• Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, powerpoint, etc…)
• Working knowledge of regulatory landscape for banks and financial services
• Assist in the development and motivation of all team members
• Managing change and driving for efficiency
• Experience of challenging first line of defence and strong reasoning skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deliver difficult responses to financial specialists, business functions or management in a time pressured environment.
• Efficient in planning of workloads in a resource constrained environment
• Commercial awareness to manage risk to generate a return