Our client, a global asset management firm is seeking to recruit a Credit Research Analyst.
The purpose of the role is to provide coverage of the global metals & mining sector, covering investment grade and high yield issuers across developed and emerging markets. The analyst will be part of a global team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility to generate investment recommendations that will be implemented into a range of credit strategies.
- Perform fundamental credit analysis to generate investment recommendations
- Produce high quality research notes with a substantive recommendation in terms of credit quality, suitability for investment, position size and credit trajectory
- Perform relative value analysis at both issuer and issue level to evaluate creditworthiness
- Analysis ESG and climate risks facing the issuer
- Play an active role in investment meetings, working daily with PMs and Traders
- Maintain regular contact with company management teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with sell-side analysts and syndicate desks
- Participate in new business pitches and client meetings when required
- Minimum 3-6 years’ credit research experience at a buy-side or sell-side institution
- Prior experience covering the metals & mining sector is helpful, but not essential
- Strong academic profile
- CFA qualified or studying towards qualification
- Advanced analytical skills
- Collegiate mentality, ability to work in a team environment
- Enthusiastic and can-do attitude
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.