Credit Officer - Infrastructure & Project Finance Credit
- Oct 07, 2021
Large banking group seeks a Credit Officer as part of its expanding Infrastructure & Project Finance divisionworking on high profile infrastructure transactions and portfolios with complex financing
Our client is an award winning and market leading franchise in the Infrastructure & Project Finance space, No.1 Project Finance debt provider in the UK for both FY2019 and FY2018 (Inframation, UK League Tables).
You'll join the Infrastructure and Project Finance credit team, operating at the forefront of the energy transition and economic infra, working on high profile infrastructure transactions and portfolios with complex financing arrangements. Due to the nature of the client portfolio, the role requires frequent engagement with senior stakeholders.
Here's what you'll be doing...
- Conduct independent credit assessments of lending proposals and prepare reports for presentation to sanctioning officials to enable informed decisions to be made; this involves analysis of management information and of extensive commercial and financial due diligence, and the identification of key strengths and risks. Submissions include new to bank business, increased lending and annual credit reviews in all infrastructure sectors including (i) economic infrastructure - port, airport, ROSCO; (ii) concession/social infrastructure - hospital, road, rail; and (iii) energy - renewables, pipelines, smart meters, OFTOs) for the Bank's core corporate and financial sponsor relationships.
- Undertake research using business press, credit rating and information agencies, to ensure assessments have an external dimension, and apply judgement to ensure relevant material is included when evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a lending proposal.
- Collaborate closely with originators, relationship managers, product partners and clients where necessary to shape credit proposals in order to maintain a balance of risk and reward and also to identify viable new business opportunities.
- Monitor and control credit exposures, to identify situations which may increase risk communicating with Senior Managers and other interested parties as appropriate, as well as compliance with policy and regulatory policy.
- Assist with the production of periodic sector reviews.
- You'll work in a high profile, professional and demanding environment committed to delivering core positive group values.
- Taking advantage of the opportunity to widen your credit experience to other areas including Leverage Finance and Large Corporate.
- You will have significant knowledge and experience of the Infrastructure or Energy sector, with a project finance angle in key sectors including (i) economic infrastructure - port, airport, ROSCO; (ii) concession/social infrastructure - hospital, road, rail; and (iii) energy - renewables, pipelines, smart meters, OFTOs)
- Evidence of relevant credit experience with a proven track record of consistent performance
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across different audiences
- Demonstrable high levels of attention to detail, numeracy and accuracy
- Familiarity and ability to deal with complex financial models (strong Excel skills are required); project finance modelling skills are a plus
- Report writing skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.