A respected international bank is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Credit Analyst with a specialty in the aviation sector to work in their UK operation on a temporary basis.
A second line of defence role providing credit risk management / oversight of new credit transactions, in designated sectors within the Credit portfolio globally.
Duties of the role holder include but are not limited to:
- Critical challenge and detailed review of credit submissions from Front Office providing recommendations to approvers within the dept, or shareholder representatives
- Provide the effective credit management of client relationship and exposures within designated sectors within the Credit portfolio globally.
- Act as primary analyst on portfolio accounts and new transactions, with oversight of a secondary analyst, where required.
- Manage credit portfolio including applications and approval process, emerging credit developments and other asset risk events in conjunction with Front Office (first line of defence).
- Engage with Front Office professionals and provide appropriate challenge on risk issues / develop workable solutions to mitigate risk issues.
- Exercise strong risk assessment methodology toward new transactions and management of a portfolio of leased aircraft / engines assets (including Problem Assets), across a broad variety of aviation sectors, geographies, and asset types.
- Experience and capability to take a complex aircraft / engine leasing transaction from inception to approval with limited supervision.
The role holder will be familiar with the management of large-scale aviation portfolio management, ideally having previously assisted in the management of portfolio(s) in excess of US $10bn. Thorough market knowledge in the aviation sector will be vital to this role.
Knowledge and experience required
- Degree level education and / or relevant professional qualifications (eg: ACA, ACCA, ACT, CFA), and a track record of continued learning and development.
- Very meaningful aviation sector experience in a credit management role within a major international bank or aviation lessor, with likely to have seen a broad range of products / transaction types and some experience of varying credit market conditions.
- Strong working knowledge of key products
- corporate loan structures
- leasing products
- derivative products
- asset finance
- capital markets products
- including familiarity with documentation and market trends.
- High level of IT literacy, strong written and verbal communication skills (supporting preparation of succinct and focused credit papers), and strong interpersonal skills (supporting collaboration / teamwork).
- Experience of problem asset management / work-outs and experience within a Front Office role is desirable.
- Innovative, fast-paced style of work and ability to adapt quickly to changing scenarios;
- Ability to think clearly under pressure;
- Keen interest and professional passion for the credit risk area for asset finance particularly in the Aviation department is a must.
This is a temporary role and immediate need, so interested parties with the requisite experience do not hesitate to apply ASAP.