Who we're looking for
An experienced professional lender with a good, rounded, knowledge of lending to UHNW individuals.
The candidate should be appropriately qualified and up to speed with the real world implications of regulation.
The candidate should be used to running technical meetings and providing solutions to complex issues.
The candidate will be part of a small team and should be comfortable with working on that basis. Independent self motivation will be required, with the input forming a critical part of the overall performance of the team. About Schroders and Cazenove Capital
Schroders is a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Cazenove Capital is the UK Wealth Management subsidiary of Schroders and provides investment and banking services to UHNW individuals and their families. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The team
The Banking and Treasury team look after the lending, deposit-taking and balance sheet management functions of Cazenove Capital.
The team manager is Alex Whitburn, Head of Banking and Treasury, and is composed of a Treasury team and a Banking team - which provides the lending services to the Bank's clients. What you'll do
• Receive and assess new business enquiries from the client relationship managers
• Assessment and presentation of new lending proposals and structures to the S & Co Assets and Liabilities Management and Credit Committee (ALMCC)
• Provision of documentation in relation to new facilities, including liaison with professional advisors where necessary
• Initiating remedial action where necessary in respect of breaches of facility limits or minimum collateral positions
• Ensure compliance with MCOBS and ensure that residential lending policies and procedures are fully compliant with the all requirements including MMR and MCD
• Promote a culture of integrity, high standards of compliance and fair treatment of clients across the Banking team.
• Assist in responding to queries or information requests from the PRA, FCA or other regulatory authorities. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• CeMAP qualification (minimum)
• Good level of experience of lending to different entities
• Good level of knowledge of regulation affecting the lending industry The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of lending secured by investment portfolios
• A good knowledge of trust structures
• A good level of experience of dealing with clients What you'll be like
• Accurate and detailed
• Knowledgeable and professional
• Personable and empathetic We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.