Credit Analytics Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Credit Analytics Analyst
- This is a technically focused role in an area which is rapidly increasing in importance as a tool for risk management and commercial decision making
- Joining our new Stress Testing & Risk Capital team, you'll have the opportunity to build our capability from the ground up
- You'll work on credit risk stress testing projections, giving you a chance to gain exposure to the bank's strategy
- This role offers fantastic career prospects and opportunities to enhance your technical skills
What you'll do
Your role will have two main components: using SAS to support the development of our stress testing model, and preparing reports for both internal and external audiences on stress testing projections. Both will offer you a technical and intellectual challenge, and give you a voice in an area of the bank which is shaping organisational thinking and conversation.
The skills you'll need
Your strong technical skills will be key to your success in this role. Ideally, you'll have experience of programming in SAS, but if not then SQL or VBA would be a good substitute. You'll also need experience of credit risk modelling, ideally in a business context, but we'll also consider experience from university study if paired with a strong academic record.
You'll also need:
- An organised approach to your work
- To be comfortable working to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to challenge data using a good understanding of how the bank operates, and be challenged in return
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.