Credit Analyst and Execution Officer - Commodity & Structured Trade Finance
Due to a recent move, we are looking for an experienced Associate to join MUFG's Commodity & Structured Trade Finance (CSTF) platform, providing structured loan financing solutions to clients. You will have exposure to and acquire experience / expertise mainly in STF-related but as well in Export Credit Agency finance-related sectors / clients / banks products / processes.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
You will manage the full workflow of STF business cycle and deals flow in EMEA, including meeting with clients alongside STF Product RMs, due diligence work, facilities structuring, and all deals execution activities including credit/ financial modelling/ legal documentation/ KYC/ operations. We are looking for someone with current experience in structured finance activity with a bank and the necessary attributes to progressively be involved on certain commercial matters (structuring, syndication) and documentation process with clients.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting Product Relationship Managers with preparing, marketing and structuring Structured Trade Finance pitches / proposals.
- Supporting client management activities when required, including communicating with prospective and existing customers of the Bank and writing call reports. Progressively take more part in STF client-facing and marketing activities and related organisation.
- Undertaking full credit analysis (including due diligence / modelling activities) of structured transactions proposed by the department and liaising with Relationship Managers and credit officers in the preparation and presentation of credit screening memos / applications.
- Liaising with credit and Relationship Managers in answering questions and preparing any additional analysis required to support the credit approval of new transactions.
- Reviewing and commenting on legal documentation elated to transactions and assisting with the closing of new transactions, including due completion of compliance and KYC processes.
- Completing periodic and extraordinary credit reviews on existing STF and ECA Finance transactions within the CSTF department portfolio.
- Monitoring credit and sector events potentially affecting the quality of the existing transactions portfolio, and analysing and reporting these events to management and credit in a timely manner.
- Researching and preparing ad-hoc reports in connection with a country / a sector / a financial product potential, to assist with business strategy establishment activities and in the actual implementation of that business development strategy.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- University degree, Masters preferred, in Economics / Finance (or equivalent area of experience).
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a credit analysis / cash-flows modelling position.
- Experience in deals execution activities required: experience in credit / legal documentation / KYC activities in a loan financing business line (STF, PF, ECA, Strategic Finance, Corporate Banking, etc).
- Ability to provide in-depth 'risks and mitigants' analysis.
- Proven familiarity with Structured Trade Finance products. Knowledge of commodities sectors and exposure to emerging markets would be a benefit but not required.
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Japanese, Russian or French language skills would be a bonus but not required.
- Advanced in Excel modelling techniques anbd prior training in cash flow modelling desirable.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.