Highly respected international bank is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst in their London based team. Previous experience in analysis of large-cap corporates will be key particularly market-specific knowledge of the European telecoms market.
Credit Analyst and Portfolio Manager - VP
The credit analyst conducts the review of corporate credit risk and recommends accurate obligor and facility grades, so that the bank can allocate the correct amount of regulatory capital.
This role is a senior level role within an established and highly busy team.
Primary products :
Vanilla Syndicated and Bi-Lateral Loans (inc M&A), Derivatives (Swaps, FX), Trade Services and Leasing
- Upholding the first line of defence for the credit risk management of a portfolio of new and existing corporate customers, in line with the banks policy and procedures.
- Assist the coverage team with new and existing transactions including structuring, and negotiating credit analysis, documentation review.
- Participate in Request for Consideration meetings to assess new pipeline business and present credit opinion and credit projections to the General Manager.
- Liaises with appropriate stakeholders including the Credit department, Capital Markets & Securities, Corporate Research Depts.
- Prepares credit applications for submission to Credit Department to include detailed quantative and qualitative analysis of the credit risk of an obligor, including forward looking projections, and transaction analysis.
- Be responsible for the continuous monitoring of an assigned portfolio of corporate credit customers, taking timely actions if there is any deterioration in the banks risk.
- Review of juniors' work to ensure quality of credit is of a high standard and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Participate in ad hoc project related tasks as the business requires.
Skills and experience required
- Significant experience covering at least one economic cycle as a corporate credit analyst / portfolio manager at a recognised financial institution or rating agency.
- Well grounded understanding primarily in Telecoms market but relevant experience in a spread of sectors including Utilities, Retail, Business Services & Consumer, Oil & Gas, Mining, Pharma, Manufacturing etc
- Established product knowledge of syndicated/bilateral loans, Derivatives, Trade Finance & Leasing.
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills including financial forecasting to be able to identify and mitigate business and financial risk.
- Strong experience with legal documentation including LMA and bond documentation, ISDAs, CSAs, netting and credit mitigating features.
- Strong written and verbal skills and leadership / management capability when required.
- Extensive working knowledge of Excel (financial modelling) and Word.
- Be a strong team player willing to work in deal teams primarily as lead at short notice.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure and identify risks quickly
- Flexible work ethic, to work on ad-hoc non portfolio deals as workflow dictates.
This will be a temporary opportunity with long-term prospects. Interested parties please submit your application for review ASAP.