Credit Analyst, AVP
Overall responsibility for counterparty credit risk management of European Alternative Funds, Investment Advisors and Corporates across all product types and business units. Actively engage with ERM Credit and Business lines globally. Carry out role of ERM CO3 Approver for assigned portfolios. Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Oversee counterparty credit risk management for responsible sectors, in accordance with Credit Risk Guidelines and associated credit policy framework
- Own credit decisions, including exception approvals, within delegated credit authority, and Sector / State Street risk appetite framework
- Identification, remediation and escalation of exceptions to credit policies, sector underwriting guidelines, or material credit risk issues, including recommendations to Senior Management or presentation to Credit Committee / CRPC
- Perform annual and ad hoc renewals of counterparties within portfolio.
- Closely monitor portfolio of credit counterparties, ensuring the Bank is protected against credit losses. Escalate key issues as required.
- Ensure compliance within the guidelines of the CRG.
- Promote a culture of teamwork.
- Cooperate and collaborate with other risk functions and internal control functions, particularly the ERM teams in Munich/London and APAC.
- Promote and support a culture of effective challenge.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements.
- Proven credit risk experience
- Broad sector knowledge including Alternative Funds, NBFIs, Commodities and Corporates
- Broad knowledge of financial products/transactions and risk mitigation techniques
- Knowledge or exposure to leveraged loans/lending (desirable)
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
Please note: We are open to this role being based in London, Munich or Frankfurt.