Credit Analyst - Utilities - 15 month fixed term contract
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Credit Analyst to join the EMEA Credit Research team. You will be responsible for fundamental credit research specifically into bond issues from issuers in the European utility sector. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The team
Schroders Investment Management's Credit Research team undertakes corporate credit analysis of a wide universe of non-government bond issuers - private companies, supranational agencies and securitised structures. Our aim is to provide benchmark beating performance to our portfolio managers by providing both accurate fundamental credit research and relative value recommendations to be adopted into by our team of portfolio managers. The Credit Research team consists of 30 research specialists, each undertaking industry and issuer analysis in three broad regions - America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) and Asia. The London-based EMEA team currently consists of eleven analysts covering IG and HY issuers in the full range of credit sectors What you'll do
The nub of the role is to be able to analyse and understand:
1) The legal structure of the securities;
2) The business risk profile of the business;
3) The financial risk of the company.
An overall assessment of risk and valuation of that risk will then be communicated to the Schroders credit PMs using our proprietary framework. The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team with our entire desk to generate investment ideas. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience in either the investment industry or the utilities sector
• Proven investment and/or financial analysis experience
• A strong academic record
• A first degree or upper-second with post-graduate degree and/or demonstrated progress through the CFA system
• Demonstrated research in educational history and/or previous work experience. What you'll be like
• Exceptional communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
• Highly-developed sense of teamwork and cooperation
• Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments
• Accuracy and attention to detail are critical We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.