An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Credit Analyst to join our financial services client on an initial 3 month contract with possibility of extension.
The core purpose of this role will be to support the Credit Risk team and act as second line of defence which provides expert support to the Bank on risk management practices and regulatory expectations. They also work with the first line to implement business strategy, develop products and propositions, and oversee risk positions and exposure
- Developing and maintaining an effective quality assurance model for the business, ensuring all aspects of Underwriting/Servicing/Collections actions and decisions are monitored and measured effectively.
- Undertaking quality assurance audits on credit, servicing and/or collections decisions and actions across residential and commercial mortgages to ensure that decisions remain within the risk control framework.
- Carry out monthly credit risk audits on the output of residential and commercial mortgage operations including underwriting, data quality and completions, or in-life servicing and arrears management handling recommending changes to process or policies as a result.
- Ensure QA policies/procedures are documented and are kept up to date in accordance with business requirements.
- Provide timely and effective feedback on decision making and actions within Mortgage Operations, to improve the consistency and accuracy of decision making across residential & commercial mortgages.
- Provide support and assistance to the Head of Credit and Risk Director, Retail Finance and carry out additional/ad hoc tasks considered necessary/reasonable.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- High attention to detail with sound knowledge of mortgage origination, underwriting or collections/arrears management processes.
- Analytical, with an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Flexible and able to work across multiple sites if needed
- Self-motivated, with a thirst for challenge
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 207 220 6374