Executive Recruitment Partner
Point of knowledge for Credit across specified sectors and in time to take views on individual credits based on these skills and knowledge. Able to contribute to collegiate decision-making process of the desk. Intention is to independently generate investment/divestment ideas for desk as well as actively participate in team discussions around single-names. USSIM is the investment management arm of USS, one of the UK’s largest private pension funds. Global Credit currently has credit mandates with over £3bn in assets with the expectation for a substantial growth in AUM. Global Credit can invest across the capital structure with a flexible mandate.
- Provide support in covering sectors with the goal of taking ownership of the credit exposure to allocated sub-sectors over time.
- Monitor these credits closely, including the quarterly earnings reporting and changes in and relative to expectations.
- Keep on top of regulatory and policy changes, as well as macro developments, which could impact the credit exposure.
- Generate investment/divestment ideas and assist the Portfolio Managers.
- Attend credit conferences/Issuer meetings and share relevant insights.
- Key internal relationships with peers across Equities, Investment Strategy and Advice, Manager Selection, Responsible Investing and Private Markets. Aim to collaborate/ share expertise across the various teams to maximise benefit to USS.
- Develop working relationships with key sell-side Analysts.
Managing Processes & Future Focus
- Help to develop and implement monitoring tools and models for allocated sector coverage
- Background as a Credit Analyst.
- Understanding of drivers for IG credits.
- Strong modelling skills.
- Feel for macro factors affecting credit.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Working well in a small team.
- Experience in writing and presenting clear, concise reports/process documents, sometimes synthesising complex material.
- Existing sector knowledge of Healthcare, TMT, Consumer or Retail sectors.
- Experience of US and European credit markets.
- Proficient in using Bloomberg.
- Understanding of rating agency methodology for assigned sectors.