Our client is a leading international bank based in the West End. They are looking for a Credit Analyst to join their team.
- Ensure that all risks are fully captured and understood and that the report structure makes this risk transparent to management.
- Limit management: Monitor, investigate and report limit breaches. For large limit breaches, report immediately to CRO.
- Approving limit utilisation in the relevant computer system
- Attending Credit Committees and participate in discussing applications for approval
- Support the CRO in developing key documents (i.e. ICAAP, ILAAP (assist finance), RRP, Risk Appetite) as well as implementing new risk mitigation strategies.
- Country and counterparty risk assessment and recommendation of appropriate rating assignment.
- IFRS 9 modelling and Provisions calculation.
- Financial analysis and modelling and enhancement of the credit-scoring systems and related IT systems.
- Review policies and underwriting processes.
- Representing Risk Department in various IT related projects
- Review, opine and challenge new credit applications discussed in the credit committee as appropriate to ensure a balanced return between risk and reward and the appropriate use of risk capital.
- Covering and Monitoring the TCM desks Business. Static data management: Set up and review static data in Market Risk Systems (ad-hoc)
- Monitor existing transactions and perform regular reviews of exposures to maintain overall credit quality and watch against deterioration (ie. collateral value & covenants).
- Producing analytical reports and improving quality of MI.
- Produce the following reports: Global exposures , Capital requirements, Excess Limit, Standard Limit, FX/MM position, Market Rates, CDS prices, Commodities Pricing,
- Managing the bank’s Market Risk as a second line of defence
- Monitoring the Fixed income portfolio
- Drafting the Market risk policy and procedures
- Market VAR modelling, implementation and computing tasks
- Responsible for staying up to date on developments regarding the market as they pertain to the engagement
- Good knowledge of general banking, corporate and trade finance with specific experience in risk management / credit risk strategies
- Qualified in Finance / Economic / Business administration with approx. PQE 4 or 5 years in Credit Risk management
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and relevant banking regulation.
- Previous experience in International African Investment / Corporate Bank
- Fluent in both English and French