- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
See job description for details
Join us as a Credit Analyst in London
- If you're an motivated professional with practical credit knowledge and analytical insight, this opportunity to join Coutts as a Credit Analyst could be ideal for you
- Working with our team of experienced private bankers, you'll manage the lending needs of our clients, providing a bespoke and rewarding customer experience
What you'll do
As a Credit Analyst, you'll utilise your developing knowledge of the banking and financial services industry to assist private bankers with the delivery of thorough and suitable lending advice to our clients. You'll undertake accurate and relevant research and data analysis, providing suitable credit solutions. You'll also prepare reports and credit submissions in relation to regulated and non-regulated lending.
You'll demonstrate excellent credit stewardship by maintaining accurate and up to date records, and proactively managing dashboards. You'll also play a significant role in the commercial delivery of our lending proposition, continually identifying opportunities for improvement and enhanced risk management.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Using client documentation to analyse and interpret client needs
- Preparing affordability analysis from data provided by clients
- Drafting client suitability reports and letters, and preparing other documentation at the request of the private banker
- Obtaining the necessary applications and documentation needed to support any recommended advice
- Providing appropriate research material to support client outcomes
- Providing a seamless client experience by maintaining client contact to manage credit workflow, including attending face-to-face client meetings
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience of working in Private Banking and keying credit applications into Avaloq. Strong analytical skills will be key in order to interpret and draw meaningful conclusions from data. You should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with experience of relationship management and customer service.
You'll also need:
- Appropriate technical knowledge relating to lending products, policy and appetite
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- The ability to effectively manage your time, accurately prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Proven credit stewardship skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.