- Competitive with bonus and execllent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Hazel Cameron Associates Ltd
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a newly created role within a growing Fixed Income Credit Analysis team for a leading institutional Asset manager. The Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical research mainly focused on Developed Markets Insurance sector (Life and Non-Life) as part of a sector-based coverage model. The individual will support the Lead Financials analyst when required and contribute to the team’s marketing and investment management activities.
- Complete bespoke quantitative and qualitative research on issuers within the Insurance sector, potentially extending to the wider Financials sector or issuers relating to the Fund Managers’ investment strategies.
- Support the Lead Financials analyst in creating and maintaining financial models, valuation spreadsheets and databases as directed.
- The analysis may be across multiple regions driven by portfolio considerations, economic environment, etc.
- Attend research meetings internally and externally including travel outside UK.
- Present internally and externally where appropriate, such as at the weekly investment meetings.
- Assist with preparation of marketing presentations.
- Proven previous experience in the European or US Insurance sector (Life and/or Non-Life).
- Proven quantitative skills and qualitative skills, including the ability to build and run financial models and perform detailed financial analysis.
- Significant working knowledge of relevant markets and investing.
- Fundamental research skills & solid knowledge of credit analysis.
- Proven research and report writing experience.
- Strong analytical ability and numeracy skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated with a creative and practical approach to problem solving.
- Flexible and team orientated.
- Bloomberg experience, Advanced IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IMC, CFA (desirable).
- Willing to continue the studies for relevant qualifications