Dimensional Fund Advisors is a US Headquartered asset manager with c. $670Bn AUM. We are looking for a Counsel to join our London office and support our EMEA business.
Counsel will assist with the day-to-day corporate and advisor legal and regulatory needs of the UK/European business, including UK, EEA, and Swiss law analysis and, Sales and Marketing, Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Risk and Finance related legal issues, while seeking consistency across the global firm.
This position will report to Lead European Counsel in London and will interact extensively with personnel in the offices of the firm's parent entity and other international entities. The candidate will be required to demonstrate discretion and judgement when providing legal counsel, planning and services to Dimensional UK, its affiliated entities, and its fund complexes.
- Research, develop, prepare, and analyze issues related to a variety of legal documentation and policies, such as advisor registrations (e.g. in the UK and South Africa). Review documentation for compliance with applicable multi-jurisdictional regulatory law.
- Review and interpret statutes, rules, and policies relevant to the regulatory functions of Dimensional UK, and its fund complexes and work with clients to meet their business objectives in the applicable regulatory environment.
- Advise on and assist with implementation of regulatory change as it relates to Dimensional UK’s business.
- Prepare and, when requested, present materials, such as memoranda, agendas, and meeting minutes for internal meetings, committee meetings, or the meetings of the various Boards of Dimensional UK, its affiliated companies, or its fund complexes. Identify legal issues and provide legal advice of importance to the Boards.
- Assist with client services issues relating to the UK business.
- Negotiate contracts or deals with third party vendors, such as brokerage houses, service organizations, custodial banks, institutional clients, or external research services.
- Liaise with internal clients, external counsel and the Dimensional global legal team.
- Over four years of practice (with international investments, financial services, securities regulatory work, and investment adviser and/or mutual fund issues) in a top-tier law firm or in-house fund, investment adviser, or financial intermediary.
- Knowledge of FCA rules and European legislation (MiFID, UCITS, AIFMD, SFDR, CASS, Investment Stewardship, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Ideally UK qualified solicitor or member of US state bar association.
- UK law degree (or GDL) and/or JD or LLM
- Very strong communication skills, in particular writing and drafting skills.
- Strong writing and drafting skills.
- Able to work well in a team environment and to build internal relationships across time-zones and jurisdictions.
- Self-starter who is capable managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Detail oriented, organized and professional.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).