Corporates - TMT - Senior Analyst
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. Department overview:
Fitch Ratings' EMEA Corporate group provides public and private ratings of companies and their debt instruments in Western Europe and, increasingly, CEE, the CIS, Middle East and Africa.
The department employs a team of credit analysts across the EMEA region. In addition to London, Fitch's largest office, the department has analysts on the ground in Moscow, Paris, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Barcelona, Milan, Stockholm and Dubai.
The department is split into five sector teams: Natural Resources and Commodities; Utilities and Transport; Consumer and Healthcare; Industrials; and Telecoms, Media and Technology (TMT). In addition, a specialist Leveraged Finance team focuses on credits with leveraged capital structures.
The EMEA TMT covers over 50 public credits, with more than half in the telecoms sector. Most of the team is in based in London, Frankfurt and Moscow. Responsibilities:
Fitch is looking for an Senior Analyst to join the EMEA TMT team. As a member team, you will take analytical responsibility for around 15 rated entities, mainly in Western Europe. The exact portfolio assumed will be tailored to suit the individual's skills and experience and may be amended over time, also in response to transaction flow. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications and experience:
- Analyse the creditworthiness of issuers in the sector, and monitor news and financial results to identify events or trends which may lead to timely rating changes.
- Interact with senior management of issuers in your portfolio, and foster good relationships between issuers and Fitch while maintaining analytical independence.
- Present and discuss recommendations with a rating committee and communicating Fitch's opinions on debt capital markets issuers effectively and in an incisive manner to investors, bankers and other external parties.
- Contribute to and publish timely, topical and high quality research on general market and sector specific trends, contributing to Fitch's increasing profile within the debt capital markets.
The role would suit an individual with proven relevant experience looking to develop further in an intellectually challenging, analytically rigorous yet supportive environment. Fitch's corporate analysts have diverse backgrounds, including career financial/credit analysts, professional services, or financial or operational roles in companies.
Desirable qualities include:
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrable experience in research, i.e. credit, corporate finance, or execution role within a commercial or investment bank, financial or accounting institution, or a background in the industry or in a regulatory institution. Credit analysis experience would be ideal.
- Good knowledge of the telecoms, media and technology sector would be an advantage.
- Cash-flow modelling and accounting skills, with an eye for detail.
- Good written and verbal communications skills with fluent written and spoken English. Additional European language skills would be an advantage.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- A strong team spirit, enabling him/her to work seamlessly with other members of the team
- A first rate academic background. Professional qualifications (e.g. ACA, CFA) an advantage.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.