Our client is a successful global investment bank with offices based in the City/London. Function-wise, the Treasury team has 3 very capable/solid team members and the ideal scenario will be for a senior-level Treasury professional to come on board in a management and strategic role to help drive processes, build out a roadmap for the Treasury function’s key activities, engage with key stakeholders (in Risk, Operations, Finance, senior management, etc.) and manage the team. This position will have responsibility for managing the bank's funding operations and liquidity management. Experience from the investment banking and financial services sector is essential.
One function of the Treasury department is to ensure control over its funding position at all times for the full range of securities and derivatives products traded by the company. The Treasurer's role is to ensure the company's liquidity risks are measured, monitored and reported in a timely manner, within the appropriate controls and procedures that meet the standards required by the regulators, our own auditors and our external risk stakeholders.
Below are some of the key responsibilities that the role will cover (with room and scope to expand further).
- Responsible for managing the bank’s Funding operations and Liquidity Management
- Update Board members, including Independent Directors on progress on liquidity issues
- Communicate with Senior Management on Liquidity matters
- Engage with Business Heads on managing liquidity on an operational as well as strategic basis
- Lead key governance proceses and the Liquidity Management Committee
- Member of the Crisis Management team
- Supervision of the Liquidity Management and Treasury Operations teams
- Coordinate closely with Securities Operations group management around Securities Settlement and Cash Management activities
- Coordination of new issuance underwriting – Debt and Equity between Front Office, Operations and Head Office
- Close coordination with the Parent Bank and Treasury departments (including those in New York and other international locations)
- Day-to-day management of the Treasury department, including compliance with policies and procedures
- Oversee Volcker rule compliance
- Optimise Capital Ratio and Liquidity costs for the Group
- Manage the Liquidity profile and ensure compliance with Regulatory rules – BIPRU 12
- Work closely with Risk and Finance departments to comply with Head Office requirements
- Coordinate with the Fixed Income desk to manage cash buffers and liquidity profile
- Building out Contingency Funding Plans, participate in the Liquidity processes such as ILAA
- Initiate and manage projects to support the reduction of risk, enhancement of control, introduction of new products and business process changes throughout the Operations teams both in London and New York
- Review regulatory reports for liquidity and ad hoc analysis on the bank's funding issues
Responsibility and Authority:
- The role has responsibility for the team assigned, including monthly reviews, updates and appraisals including realignment of any role as the business demand dictates
- The role requires the holder to make decisions on daily management of the cash movement population throughout the whole life-cycle, informed by experience, market knowledge, understanding of accepted practice and industry standards, whilst recognising when decision making needs to be referred elsewhere.
- The role requires production and presentation of the ILAA process for the bank
- The role also requires maintenance of, and adherence to, the department’s Policy and Procedures.
Specific Experience and Qualifications:
- It will be helpful to understand Securities and derivatives settlements and collateral management processes.
- This role requires exposure to, and knowledge of the following Security Products: Equities, Bonds and Cash. Experience of Derivatives is desirable.
- Experience in fails management, Repo and Reverse activity, custodian liaison, bank relations, funding management would be helpful
- Experience from the investment banking and financial services sector is essential.