A multinational investment bank are looking for a Corporate Tax Compliance and Reporting Manager to join their office in London.
As a Corporate Tax Manager, you will have the opportunity to join a global investment bank. The role focuses on compliance and reporting across the UK, as well other areas such as US tax issues and ad hoc projects.
- Monthly tax provisioning including reviewing the tax accruals, as well as the management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger and effective rate analysis. This is required for both US GAAP and local GAAP reporting
- Review of corporate tax computations for a portfolio of entities
- Review of tax numbers for statutory accounts and responsibility for dealing with external auditors related to these
- Ownership of key tax deliverables in terms of process management, controls and proactive development of processes as considered necessary. This could include but not be limited to CTSA payments process, Country by Country Reporting compliance obligations, Corporate Interest Restriction return, R&D project management, Diverted Profits Tax annual review, UK Certificates of Residence, Withholding Tax and working with the business related to this, Claims and Elections including relating to group relief, capital allowances, capital gains
- Collating YTD and forecast P&L information and calculating estimated taxable income positions, Effective Tax Rates for forecasting purposes
- Oversight of the completion of on-line US Tax Packages which contain attributes for our UK companies
- Ad-hoc research in relation to issues arising during the course of undertaking the above responsibilities
- Tax advisory support on any transactions / projects relating to portfolio of entities
- Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues
- Liaising with the UK / other EMEA Financial Control teams and US tax department as required
- Supporting on tax legislative developments and planning where necessary
- Working with the EMEA Tax team in Europe
- Demonstrate in depth experience of applying both UK general accounting and UK tax accounting concepts to day to day work
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of financial sector accounting and systems would be an advantage
- UK Accounting or UK tax qualification required
- Ideally, at least 3 years post qualified experience in a UK tax compliance or reporting role