Corporate Reporting - Technical Analyst
Who we're looking for
An experienced and capable qualified accountant who can successfully analyse and interpret the various technical requirements across our evolving corporate reporting landscape, spanning over a series of corporate, sustainability and financial reporting projects throughout the year (Annual Report and Accounts, CR report, Gender Pay Gap, etc). This is a newly created role, reporting into the Head of Corporate Reporting, where you will be responsible for researching, interpreting and proposing how best to structure these requirements for the Group's external reporting. You are organised, technical minded, proactive, collaborative, can multitask and are a good communicator.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
You'll be part of our Finance team, but also a key member of the wider corporate reporting team working collaboratively across the business with various key stakeholders.
What you'll do
• Take responsibility for researching, interpreting and analysing our best approach to the various requirements of our corporate reporting
• Establish technical structure and review governance of the group's corporate reporting
• Promote and take accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve our corporate reporting delivery and oversee the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
• Own the development of goals, milestones, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms
• Manage regular communication and engagement with stakeholders and cross-functional business partners
• Prioritise actions to drive project completion, handling tight delivery pipelines and schedules
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Newly qualified accountant or equivalent
• Detail orientated
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders (finance and non-finance)
• Track record of excellence, able to inspire change and deliver results
• Able to clearly explain complex concepts, clarify context, requirements, and process steps, identify opportunities, take initiative and think through future implications
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Technical knowledge and experience of corporate, sustainability and financial reporting is preferred but not required
What you'll be like
• Self-motivated, energetic, passionate and able to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter who can solve problems and suggest solutions
• Collaborative and good at building positive stakeholder and business partner relationships
• Analytical mindset
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.