Corporate Intelligence Compliance Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Nov 18
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager who can make a significant contribution to the Corporate Intelligence Compliance Practice. Overseeing the CI Compliance practice (reporting internally to multiple stakeholders); An existing network of relevant client relationships at senior levels in a range of corporate and financial sectors
The Corporate Intelligence (CI) department is an expanding part of KPMG’s Risk Consulting services. Specifically, the CI Compliance practice is a rapidly expanding part of KPMG’s CI department. The CI Compliance practice focusses largely on helping clients manage third party risks. We utilise both market leading technological research solutions combined with experienced CI professionals to deliver cutting edge global reporting solutions to help our clients address a variety of regulatory and integrity risks.
The broader CI team helps clients address a variety of integrity and regulatory risks in different contexts, from market entry and M&A to KYC and supply chain risk management. The team provides litigation support and supports KPMG’s other service lines, in particular investigations, restructuring and strategy.
We are seeking a Senior Manager to join the CI Compliance team in our London office to provide the following:
· Overseeing the CI Compliance practice (reporting internally to multiple stakeholders);
· Managing client engagements in support of compliance requirements (e.g. ABC risks) and third party risk management; and
· Business development with a specific focus on KPMG’s market leading third party due diligence technology.
The role will be focussed on client and team management and business development. You will be required to lead projects and services in areas such as:
· Third party risk management (including anti-bribery and corruption risks);
· Business development for wider CI services in addition to business development with a specific CI Compliance focus.
Your role will include the following:
· Enhancing the team’s network of contacts and understanding of regulatory drivers and business risks/opportunities;
· Managing existing KPMG project teams (cross-jurisdictional) and client relationships;
· Understanding in detail KPMG’s third party due diligence technology and becoming a key member of the business development team for this;
· Identifying enhancements to KPMG’s third party due diligence technology based on regulatory drivers and client insight;
· Working with multiple internal stakeholders (e.g. specific Engagement Partners and the head of Corporate Intelligence) to target prospective clients, develop new sales opportunities and convert these opportunities into won business;
· Assisting with other business development activity such as marketing initiatives and thought leadership, including presentations to internal and external audiences;
· Preparing client proposals and taking responsibility for managing invitations to tender or similar requests for information from prospective clients;
· Running projects, from scoping to delivery, with minimal supervision from Directors and Partners;
· Supervising, motivating and managing the performance of junior members of the team;
· Ensuring that projects are delivered to deadline, within budget and in compliance with KPMG risk management protocols, regulatory obligations and ethical standards; and
· Identifying opportunities for increased collaboration with other KPMG service lines and supporting internal and external marketing efforts.
· Experience of managing (and often leading) senior client relationships with minimal oversight;
· A deep technical understanding of the regulatory issues that lead clients to seek CI Compliance services;
· Experience leading large scale projects;
· A demonstrable track record of winning new business and generating incremental revenue;
· An existing network of relevant client relationships at senior levels in a range of corporate and financial sectors;
· Ability to cope effectively in pressured sales situations; Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
· Experience of drafting reports and other deliverables suitable for presentation to a client;
· Ability to understand and manage the risks and financials associated with client engagement;
· A tenacious, driven and self-motivated approach;
· Strong people skills - ability to help others set their goals, inspire and develop junior colleagues;
· Highly motivated to pursue a rewarding and enjoyable period of employment with KPMG Forensic, Risk Consulting.