Corporate Finance Senior Manager / Associate Director / Vice President – ECM - investment banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- VSA Capital Limited
- 26 Sep 18
VSA Capital is a full service investment bank providing corporate finance and corporate broking services internationally.
VSA is a small investment bank employing excellent people who provide a high quality, professional service to diverse range of corporate clients internationally. We are a small firm, but we punch above our weight.
Services include advice on fundraisings on the equity capital markets (ECM), corporate broking, private and alternative financing and M&A advisory services. We act for a diverse range of public and private companies, ensuring that a top quality advisory and broking service is provided to them on an ongoing basis. Historically, VSA’s strength has been in the natural resources sector and in recent years we have expanded into other sectors, including emerging technologies, leisure, support services, consumer, fintech and blockchain/cryptocurrency.
VSA has offices in London and Shanghai, the latter opened in early 2017, with a focus on linking companies and investors in Greater China with acquisition and funding opportunities in the West. VSA has also entered into a strategic alliance with Moshe Capital in Johannesburg, South Africa, in order to leverage our respective capabilities in the African sub Saharan continent.
The right candidate
The Corporate Finance team comprises a great bunch of professionals. We are seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to join our team in London as a Senior Manager, or VP, or Associate Director; someone who can manage transactions, client relationships and interact effectively with colleagues (both junior and senior).
The right candidate will benefit from significant interaction with the day to day business of Corporate Broking, working with colleagues in Sales and Research, together with Corporate Finance colleagues in Shanghai and South Africa. There will be regular client contact as well as hands on involvement in supporting the developing pipeline of Corporate transactions through preparation of the necessary documentation, and co-ordinating the accounting and legal processes required to support deals.
The Corporate Finance team operates with a relatively flat structure and in small transaction teams, which will provide significant responsibility and exposure on transactions. The right candidate will have good working knowledge of UK Corporate Transactions both public and private. Public company experience should include AIM and/or the Main Market as well as a demonstrable experience and passion for Equity markets. If you can’t build a financial model or prepare a prospectus, please do not apply.
There is no requirement for any specific sector expertise.
We want quality people who are dedicated and professional; snowflakes, slackers, shirkers and anyone who thinks that ‘good enough’ is good enough, need not apply.
The right candidate will likely:
- Have significant managerial experience in transaction services at a reputable accounting firm; or
- Have significant managerial experience at an investment bank/ boutique advisory firm/broking firm.
The right candidate might be a woman (with the appropriate Corporate Finance experience) who has had children and is looking for an opportunity to return to work in an environment where she can use her recently developed skills to great effect.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Ambition, enthusiasm and drive;
- Ability to take on responsibility and act with autonomy;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- At least 4 years’ experience in a comparable role at an investment bank, boutique advisory firm, or professional services firm;
- A knowledge of the requirements of regulated corporate transactions;
- The ability to work in a team environment, playing a strong project management role;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Practicality, lack of pretension and commercial awareness; and,
- A knowledge of emerging markets would be desirable.
In order to perform the role the individual will be required to dedicate time outside of standard business hours on certain projects and possibly undertake occasional travel as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
In return, the successful candidate will expect to receive:
- Wisdom and enlightenment, and the feeling of worth and satisfaction that accompanies them;
- Discretionary bonuses based upon both individual performance and VSA’s operating profit;
- Equity participation through share options; and
- Comprehensive benefits package including private health care, life insurance, contributory pension and holiday.