The Value of Active Minds About Jupiter
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £51.4 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2023).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 3:2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Background
This is an exciting time to join the Strategy & Transformation department at Jupiter. The department is led by the Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer who oversees strategy and corporate development (including corporate strategy, product strategy and corporate development/M&A) as well as other transformational activities (including change initiatives and special projects).
The department will be delivering an ambitious and transformational agenda to achieve Jupiter's strategic goals, and a new role of Corporate Development Manager has been created to support this.
This is a permanent role that requires a lot of initiative in a very small, high-profile and high-impact team. This role offers high exposure and requires close collaboration with senior stakeholders across the business. It will require building strong collaborative and cross-functional relationships across many areas of the firm.
Experience gained from a Big 4 or boutique/advisory environment would work well for this role.
The role holder will undertake their responsibilities in a way that aligns with our cultural pillars - our clients come first, our value is in our people, we succeed together, we strive to challenge ourselves. Key Responsibilities
Desired Skills / Experience
- Conduct strategic assessments of the asset management landscape, key industry trends, and Jupiter's market and product positioning, including analysis versus competitors
- Support the senior management team in developing, communicating, and executing Jupiter's strategic plans, across product and corporate strategy and corporate development/M&A
- Identify and evaluate strategic growth plans, including organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Manage and help to deliver corporate development transactions, spanning M&A, team-lift-outs and fund/asset acquisitions, including activities such as:
- Screening and evaluating suitable target opportunities for M&A/team-lift out and other corporate development activity
- Conducting valuations of businesses using a range of methodologies
- Preparing investment proposals and business cases for target opportunities
- Drafting term sheets and assisting in deal negotiations
- Managing the due diligence process
- Reviewing legal documentation for sale/transaction/transfers
- Producing presentations and summary reports that are appropriate for senior stakeholders, including the senior management team and Board
- Drafting correspondence and communications, including project management updates
- Create and review complex financial models and analysis; e.g. 3-statement financial forecasts, acquisition and merger models, accretion/dilution analysis, discount cash flow valuation, and other financial analysis
- Assist senior management with financial and strategic analysis to support decision-making
- Project manage and co-ordinate efforts across teams, often working on several ad-hoc projects simultaneously
- Assisting in other organisational development projects such as staff briefings, training, conference presentations etc.
Additional Role Details
- Extensive proven track record and relevant experience (5+ years) in executing M&A transactions and/or consulting projects within Asset and/or Wealth Management, and/or FIG more generally
- Familiar with the Asset Management industry, client trends, competitor landscape, regulatory and operational frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for presenting - tailoring the message based on nature of client and size of audience.
- Very strong business modelling and valuation skills are essential to this role
- Have proven skills relevant to accounting, investment banking and/or strategy consulting, in addition to project management
- Be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and autonomously, with little need for supervision
- Be comfortable in a results-driven environment, with willingness and ability to learn quickly, and to adapt and take on challenges
- Have exceptional attention to detail and be keenly motivated to produce quality work
- Be able to research and synthesise materials across diverse topics quickly working with qualitative and quantitative inputs
- Be able to review material quickly and present clearly articulated and insightful conclusions
- Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Have strong project management / organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments under tight deadlines
- Outstanding and exceptionally good skills in the Microsoft suite, particularly, Excel and PowerPoint
- Results-orientated - able to self-manage to deliver tasks with high attention to detail.
- Partnership focused - able to understand and connect with various stakeholders across the Company whilst also providing constructive challenges.
- Leadership - can galvanize a team, create momentum, and maintain energy.
- Resilient - able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Organised - capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Persuasive - demonstrating credibility through knowledge.
- Perceptive - able to understand perspectives/requirements of investors, sales and clients.
- Team player - working collaboratively across the business.
- Technology proficient - experienced in using various systems, applications, software.
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.