We are looking to supplement our very significant organic growth with strategic acquisitions as we look to expand in our current markets and internationally. As an experienced M&A professional, you will take day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of deals, from origination through execution.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking a lead role in our M&A strategy and development of a clear and consistent framework for assessing potential acquisition opportunities.
- Working with the CEO, CFO, Head of Strategy and other senior stakeholders to develop and maintain an acquisition pipeline
- Assess acquisition targets including working with stakeholders to understand risks and opportunities, development of valuations and underlying methodology and propose deal structures.
- Work with the finance team to develop financial models to form a view of the business performance and returns
- Lead financial diligence of a transaction where deal size does not warrant third party adviser support
- Facilitate and project-manage other internal and external Due Diligence (Financial Legal, Commercial, Tech, People, Operations)
- Build strong relationships with target companies, with internal stakeholders and contributors, and external advisers such as lawyers, bankers, and investors
- Prepare high quality papers/presentations to allow the Board to understand the strategic rationale, financial appraisal and diligence conclusions of an acquisition.
- Facilitate the development of integration plans for new acquisitions
- Work alongside the CEO, CFO and other senior stakeholders in Zencargo's own future capital raising activity.
- You should come from an M&A background with a minimum of 3 years M&A experience either in an advisory capacity, investor capacity or in house.
- ACA/ACCA/CFA/MBA qualified
- Excellent analytically and technical skills and understanding of M&A concepts with strong commercial acumen
- Ability to create complex financial models and good understanding of valuation methodologies
- You will have confidence dealing with senior stakeholders and be comfortable presenting investment cases
- Knowledge of technology and / or freight forwarding industry preferable but not essential
- Good project management skills and desire to take ownership of work