Corporate Development Analyst
This Analyst position on the Corporate Development team will focus on CME Groupâ€™s activities in the EMEA region and support broader CME Group opportunities. The Analyst will support senior Corporate Development staff in the assessment of inorganic opportunities and development of strategic positioning to drive growth of existing business lines, expand into new markets, and achieve additional operational efficiencies. The individual will be responsible for assisting in the research and analysis of merger & acquisition opportunities, potential strategic partnerships, and other commercial opportunities, as well as providing a regional touchpoint for the broader Corporate Development team and overall CME Group organisation.
The successful candidate will be tasked with determining what information is needed to address a specific matter, where to retrieve this information and how to accurately and thoughtfully present this information so that management can make an informed decision. Because the assessment of opportunities often requires an enterprise view, the position will require the individual to communicate and work with divisions across the organization including the various Business Lines, Legal, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Strategy, CME Ventures, etc.
The Analyst role will focus on the following day-to-day responsibilities and deliverables:
- Apply understanding of key products and business functions to create and maintain various routine business reports, presentations, and financial analysis.
- Assist in the analysis of potential external opportunities (mergers, acquisition, joint ventures, commercial partnerships, etc.) through research, data gathering and financial modeling. Analysis could include Discounted Cash Flows, Trading Multiples, and Comparable Transactions modeling.
- Collect data and provide analytical reports to improve our business portfolio. Data gathering will require reviews and comprehension of company or industry research reports, regulatory filings, and financial statements.
- Collaborate with senior members of Corporate Development and other departments to help develop business cases required in support of transactions and investment recommendations
Qualifications: (Degree/major, qualifications, and experience needed from candidate):
- Bachelorâ€™s degree with relevant coursework in finance and accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-starter with the ability to work/collaborate effectively within a team
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience in financial services and/or corporate development is preferred
- Financial modeling experience preferred
- Occasional travel may be required
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.