Corporate Credit Risk Analyst (AVP)
The Corporates team within Credit Risk Management (CRM) is responsible for building, managing, approving, monitoring and controlling all credit risks arising from our Investment Banking relationships with EMEA corporate counterparties. This includes underwriting debt financings in connection with leveraged buy-outs, acquisitions and refinancings, loan participations as well as credit lines for derivatives business.
Core responsibilities include:
- The role requires you to actively engage with the front office to structure solutions which assist its growth, minimize the bank's expected loss and are in compliance with internal policies.
- You will approve or recommend for approval new credit extensions, amendments, renewals and/or re-financings.
- You will perform counterparty credit analysis including, but not limited to, credit due diligence meetings, cash flow and liquidity analysis, sensitivity analysis, and collateral and enterprise valuation analysis.
- You will review and revise obligor specific internal risk ratings and SNC ratings assigned to collect differing degrees of credit risk over time.
- You will evidence a robust assessment of existing credit exposure through quarterly and annual monitoring reports.
- You are expected to identify early remedial action on deteriorating credits, work jointly with the workout department to handle problem credits and/or workout situations.
- You will ensure information systems measure obligor specific credit risk, including the composition, quality, and concentration of risk correctly against meaningful limits.
- You will be responsible for provision of comprehensive and timely portfolio reporting for purposes of management oversight.
- You will implement the bank's credit risk strategy and credit risk appetite.
- You will implement policies and procedures to identify, measure, monitor and control portfolio credit risk.
- You are an experienced credit risk management professional already working in a major commercial or investment bank.
- You have strong experience in credit risk management, with a focus on leveraged finance and/or investment grade corporate lending.
- You are a self-starter with strong communication and analytical skills.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.