Corporate Credit Officer (Leveraged Lending) AVP
Global investment bank seeks AVP level Corporate Credit Officer as art of their expanding Leveraged Lending division.
The Corporates team is responsible for managing, approving, monitoring and controlling all credit risks arising from our Investment Banking relationships with EMEA corporate counterparties. This includes underwriting debt financings in connection with leveraged buy-outs, acquisitions and refinancing, loan participations as well as credit lines for derivatives business.
Core responsibilities include:
- Pro-actively engaging with the front office to structure solutions which assist its growth, minimize the bank's expected loss and are in compliance with internal policies.
- Approving or recommending for approval new credit extensions, amendments, renewals and/or re-financings.
- Performing counterparty credit analysis including, but not limited to, credit due diligence meetings, cash flow and liquidity analysis, sensitivity analysis, and collateral and enterprise valuation analysis.
- Reviewing and revising obligor specific internal risk ratings assigned to capture differing degrees of credit risk over time.
- Evidencing a robust assessment of existing credit exposure through quarterly and annual monitoring reports.
- Identifying early remedial action on deteriorating credits, working jointly with the workout department to manage problem credits and/or workout situations.
- Ensuring information systems measure obligor specific credit risk, including the composition, quality, and concentration of risk correctly against relevant limits.
- Provision of comprehensive and timely portfolio reporting.
- We want you to contribute your strong interpersonal skills to our team.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced credit risk management professional already working in a major commercial or investment bank.
- Experience in credit risk management, with a focus on leveraged finance and/or investment grade corporate lending.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.