Corporate Banking Credit Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo International
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
Our international business activities truly span the globe, with a combined workforce of more than 13,000 dedicated team members and more than 30 overseas offices. Through our coast-to-coast U.S. presence, overseas offices in strategic locations, and technology platforms, we provide our clients the direct and on-the-ground support they need to effectively manage all their global business in 130 countries. Corporate Banking provides financial services to European companies with business presence in the US and US Wells Fargo customers that have international business. The team based in London has a new opportunity for a highly experienced Corporate Banking Credit Analyst.
This position is designated as a Controlled Function under Schedule 1 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (sections 20 and 22) Regulations 2011, and as such you are subject to the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness and Probity regime.
A person who is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards must:
• Be competent and capable;
• Act honestly, ethically and with integrity; and
• Be financially sound.
- Leads the credit analysis on companies, while assisting with compliance and risk management and underwriting for European corporate portfolio.
- Work with Portfolio Managers and Relationship Managers in analysing loan requests, borrower information and financial statements, industry and business analysis to support underwriting the more complex credit relationships within the Corporate Banking.
- Conduct customer and market research and prepare all credit approval documents (memos, credit reports, charts, financial models, projections, term sheets, etc.) to support underwriting process for credit products and operating exposures of portfolio customers.
- Complete regular financial trading updates on a designated portfolio of accounts to the Relationship Manager, Portfolio Manager and Loan Team Manager.
- Assist with review of loan documents, interact with internal and external legal partners, prepare loan/ ISDA agreement summaries, ensure accuracy and consistency of documents with approval and agreement summary.
- Monitor customer financial performance, credit quality rating, and compliance with financial covenants. Prepare financial updates, report on key trends and identify key risks. Complete all required periodic internal credit and management reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with internal teams (including, but not limited to, F/X, Rates, WFBI legal entity, Risk Management, Relationship Associates, back office, and service teams) to ensure timely and accurate booking of approved exposures. Review documentation and systems of record to validate all exposure is booked as approved.
- Organise and maintain credit files, customer and market research information, loan documentation, portfolio analysis reports, and compliance and credit approval documents.
- Mentor and provide regular guidance and training to Relationship Associates or more junior analysts.
- Participate in projects and process development initiatives for the Corporate Banking and/or the EMEA region.
- Provide written support of conclusions employed to arrive at recommendation of loan requests.
- Degree educated.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills; ability to analyse complex corporate structures and cash flows of large corporate customer financial statements.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and Bloomberg; familiarity with CapIQ and other market research tools. Ability to quickly learn bank systems, procedures and policies.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write clear, concise summary of analytical findings and conclusions to support credit approvals.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital markets products and services.
- Exhibit a desire to become a key contributor to a strong and successful team.
- The candidate will be fluent in English (and ideally also in French).
Provide written support of conclusions employed to arrive at recommendation of loan requests. Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.