Corporate - Legal - CIB Securitisation/Debt Capital Markets Lawyer - Assistant Vice President / Vice President
The EMEA Capital Markets Legal Group is part of the EMEA CIB Legal Department in London and supports the EMEA Equity Capital Markets (ECM), EMEA Debt Capital Markets (DCM) and Securitised Product Group (SPG) in the structuring and execution of sophisticated debt and equity securities transactions throughout EMEA, including investment grade and sub-investment grade bond issues, hybrid capital, IPOs, follow-on offerings, block trades, equity linked instruments, covered bonds, asset-backed securities, ABCP, infrastructure and structured credit products generally.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for documenting, reviewing and executing a mixture of multi-asset, cross border, term and conduit securitisations, infrastructure transactions and other debt capital markets products executed in the Group, working closely with the business teams, other control areas and Legal colleagues globally. Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively providing ongoing legal support to, and developing and maintaining pro-active relationships with, business groups in London which originate European/U.S. placed securitisation products (as described above), infrastructure transactions and debt capital markets products: this will involve (i) reviewing and negotiating documentation in line with J.P. Morgan procedures, (ii) providing legal advice on transactions and structures, including advising on new or novel asset classes, new developments and compliance with applicable laws and providing guidance on risk assessment and solutions and (ii) providing appropriate legal training and teach-ins to the business groups.
- Liaising with the business teams, other control areas and colleagues in Legal in setting/maintaining documentation standards, internal policies, practice guidelines, and monitoring relevant legal, regulatory and documentation developments.
- Pro-actively sharing experience and know-how with colleagues in Legal, where appropriate globally. Providing training to the business and within Legal in connection with various regulatory initiatives impacting securitisation.
- Participating in Legal and Firm-wide projects.
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills with in-depth experience of securitisations, general capital markets and basic derivatives documentation.
- A broad skill set that is adaptable to a range of vanilla and structured finance transactions including new or novel asset classes.
- Results-driven. Strong analytical, problem- solving and execution skills - ability to think laterally to identify and assess wider risks for the Firm, and to proactively work with the business and other control functions to find solutions.
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to build relationships internally and externally, and to leverage them to help achieve the goals set by the business and Legal
- Commercial awareness - ability to think cross-product and to balance legal protection and business objectives.
- Strong negotiator.
- Keen interest in transactional, legal regulatory work.
- Team player.
- Must be able to demonstrate solid securitisation experience in a lead role at a premier law firm (secondment to an investment bank - an advantage) or an in-house legal team at an investment bank.
- Lawyer must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
- English - fluent
- Foreign languages - an advantage but not a necessity
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.