Core Java Developer - Algorithmic Trading – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
We are seeking a talented senior Core Java Developer with a track-record of building advanced systems and experience in electronic trading to join the D1 Core Dev team in London. This role is to provide key leadership into the business for advancing the D1 platform. D1 is an enterprise Java e-Trading platform used by Institutional Securities Group Technology and Strat developers to implement algo trading applications in support of front- and back- office trading. These activities include order origination and trade-processing, pricing, signals generation, back-testing, execution performance analysis, and other activities as needed by trading businesses. This infra is global in scope and is business-neutral applying to both IED and FID.
The D1 Core Development Team is global with presence in Americas, Europe and Asia and is responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and production delivery of software libraries making up the D1 framework.
- We are seeking a senior server-side Java developer with track-record of building electronic trading systems to join the Java e-Trading Technology team. This team is responsible for Morgan Stanley's Java e-trading platform, which includes a low latency algo trading framework, analytics tools, backtesting infrastructure, and visualization components.
- You will directly face off and partner with the traders, desk heads and app teams.
- You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle, from having ownership for design, implementation, and delivery of components within the Java e-trading platform. You must have excellent hands-on Java skills and experience writing production code for large scale, mission critical, real-time trading systems. Experience with low latency, low GC, JVM internals, and multithreading techniques a must. Ability to work across multiple stakeholders to solve business problems is essential.
- As part of a strong team you will help drive forward the core java framework used to implement the Firm's algorithmic trading systems.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a wider team of talented java developers will be critical.
- Exceptional hands-on server-side Java with a strong delivery track-record measured as code sent to production.
- E-trading, electronic risk management or related background.
- Experience writing and working with latency critical, large-scale systems.
- Team-building experience, including working with remote/global teams.
- Performance tuning for Linux.
- FIX, exchange and market-data connectivity experience.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, priorities, multitask and operate within global team.
- Knowledge of markets, financial systems and FIX protocol are highly desired though not required.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1