Controllers Division, Legal Entity Controller, Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
The Financial Reporting department consists of 4 teams - Operating entities Controllers, Investment Accounting, Structured Investing Group Controllers, Goldman Sachs International Controllers and Regulatory Financial Reporting Controllers. A Legal Entity Controller (LEC) within the Financial Reporting team will be responsible for a number of different legal entities. This will involve complete ownership of the entity from journal posting through to the preparation of the annual financial statements. RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts, and quarterly reporting to the US, under US GAAP
- Preparation, review and analysis of reporting to the Federal Reserve Board
- Preparation and review of financial statements under UK GAAP including liaison with auditors
- Preparation of board reports
- Preparation and explanation of monthly P&L estimates to the trading Desk and coordination with Product Control
- Coordination with the US and UK tax teams on local and foreign tax issues, VAT returns and submission of annual tax returns
- Understanding the business and keeping up-to-speed with business developments and being able to communicate this effectively to team members
- Proactively seeking to identify improvements to manual processes and management reporting information leading to higher value added work
- Involvement in a broad range of department-wide projects and initiatives as well as cross-departmental initiatives
- Qualified accountant - ACA (Newly qualified to 2 years PQE experience)
- Accounting knowledge gained from either a previous audit or accounting role
- Preparation of audited financial statements under UK GAAP or IFRS an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills given third party reporting vendor interactions
- Willing to work in a highly-driven team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient PC Skills (Word, Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong analytical skill - You demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment
- Functional expertise - Enjoy keeping up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Strong technical accounting skills - You demonstrate strong technical skills, pay attention to detail, take initiative to broaden your knowledge and resolve accounting issues
- Personal drive and motivation - Successfully handle multiple tasks, take initiative to improve your own performance, work intensely towards challenging goals
- A client and business focus - Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients, help the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Strong teamwork ethic - You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills. You collaborate well with others within and across teams, encourage other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Excellent communication skills - Communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and share information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and problem solving - You will always be thinking ahead, able to anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives.
- Creativity/Innovation and a desire to add value - Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- The ability to influence outcomes - Present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Able to take a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations both internally and to our external partners.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity