Contracts / Shipping Administrator
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Matchpoint Recruitment (UK) Ltd
- 20 May 19
We currently seeking a Shipping / Operations Assistant whom has gained 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar environment, to work as part of a team in an efficient and accurate manner. The primary function this role is providing daily operational and Administrative support to the physical trading business.
• Facilitate logistical aspects of commodity contract administration and execution by coordination with respective trading desk, producers/manufacturers and 3rd party logistics providers.
• Arrange and track daily shipments between producers, storage facilities including warehouses, ports and consumers.
• Plan and execute logistics solutions which meet the highest level of efficiency, cost effectiveness and optimal customer service including storage and freight rate negotiations.
• Produce contracts, pricing letters, packing lists and invoices associated with the trade, and forward to the relevant counterparty.
• Develop and maintain relationships with customers, service suppliers, warehouses and freight forwarders, in a manner which creates operational synergies across the supply chain.
• Maintain internal records including inventory and in transit reporting along with title transfer
documents. Periodic reconciliation of inventory records.
• Manage accounts payable to suppliers, warehouses and freight forwarders in a timely manner.
• Responsible for timely releases, invoicing and other document execution to counterparties
as well as subsequent coordination of payments.
• Answer incoming telephone calls and deal efficiently with enquiries
• Additional ad hoc responsibilities/administrative functions when required.
Knowledge and Experience
• 2 years administrative experience, within any Financial Services, Commodities, Shipping Operations or Freight Forwarding environment.
• GCSE English and Mathematics
• Ability to work in a team, sharing work duties, files, and working cooperatively with others
• Demonstrated proficiency with details, numbers and tracking
- Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Ability to manage and prioritise workload, and multi task.
· Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
- IT Skills-
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- May be occasional requirement to provide support outside normal working hours.