Contract Agile Coach (Outside IR35)
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a proactive, hands-on and pragmatic Agile Coach who derives immense satisfaction & joy from helping people and teams grow and reach their potential? If your answer is yes, you're going to fit right in with our team. We're looking for an Agile Coach to join our team delivering complex technology-enabled change initiatives using Agile, DevOps or Kanban practices. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is delivering great products, solving business problems, learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we're looking for partners in crime who feel the same. Here's what we'd expect you to do:
- Be a servant leader for the team with a particular emphasis on the people and cultural elements of high performing teams
- Foster continuous improvement through hands-on coaching, training and experimenting
- Have clarity of thought and expression and the ability to influence team members at various stages of maturity and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Create a tight partnership with technical and product peers to deliver our ambitious business outcomes
- Create a "measure our way" mentality in the group by uncovering metrics and measurements that allow the team to guide themselves to success
- Guide the team on Agile principles and practices such as Kanban, Scrum, XP, DevOps, and how to use them to deliver valuable outcomes
- Be able to demonstrate agile concepts & use of artefacts (e.g. user stories, impact maps, business canvas, story maps, big visible charts, planning, estimation, governance, etc.)
- Be comfortable working with globally distributed engineering teams, product owners, scrum masters, business owners and architects.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to manage, communicate and facilitate cross organisation issue resolution
Why should you join us?
- An Agile Practitioner who embodies the Agile Mindset and has direct, hands-on experience of working as part of an agile delivery team?
- Passionate about relentless continuous improvement, innovation and delivering outcomes?
- Experienced developing high performing teams to deliver customer value faster with quality and predictability?
- A self motivated servant leader and team player capable of building teams that have autonomy, mastery and purpose?
- An exceptional communicator and facilitator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead design thinking and strategy sessions?
- Able to synthesize large amounts of information to inform data driven decision making?
- Comfortable challenging the status quo to drive the right customer outcomes?
- Able to remain productive, positive and outcome focused in a fast moving, changing organisational environment?
- Experienced in product delivery techniques using Agile and XP practices?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.