Content and Technology Solutions, Director - Open:FactSet Marketplace
Content & Technology Solutions (CTS) is the industry-leading content delivery platform. Clients seamlessly access organized and connected content that is easily discoverable, explorable, and procured via the Open:FactSet Marketplace. Data is delivered via various technologies and formats that meet the needs of our clients' workflows. By enabling our clients to utilize their preferred choice of industry-standard databases, programming languages, and data visualization tools, we empower them to focus on the core competencies needed to drive their business. The SBU contributes over $200M in ASV, with a double-digit year-over-year growth rate. Our solutions portfolio includes Standard DataFeeds, Content API, Views, Data Management Solutions, Exchange DataFeeds, Benchmark Feeds, the Open:FactSet Marketplace, Data Exploration, and other non-workstation initiatives.
The Director of the Open:FactSet Marketplace role is a critical function in accelerating the CTS business. The CTS Strategy team takes a holistic approach that includes managing the existing business while accelerating ASV growth and driving product innovation. This role will be responsible for defining, managing, and executing the Open:FactSet content strategy across five pillars: provider selection, provider integration, subject matter expertise, thought leadership, and strategic vision. To be successful, the strategist must collaborate with and influence many teams/departments, including sales, product, content, legal, and marketing. Externally, the strategist will be expected to enhance and promote our CTS business, track competition, and participate in industry conferences and thought leadership activities.
Direct responsibilities include
- Control and oversight of the strategic roadmap for Open:FactSet focusing on usability, market opportunity, and product-market fit.
- Identification and prioritization of high-value partners to target through a combination of market research, overseeing and orchestrating CTS client advisory board, and regional sales feedback.
- Partner with product development teams to set development priorities and drive our product roadmap forward.
- Create and execute go-to-market, sales enablement, and thought leadership strategies that lower entry barriers for sales specialists and generalists alike to sell our content and technology as a cohesive mix vs. siloed solutions.
- Lead, manage, and mentor the Open:FactSet team.
- Develop exceptional industry and competitor knowledge.
We welcome ambitious team players with a proven ability to think strategically and influence others. In addition, the candidate should have:
- 7-10+ years of high performance in a client-facing role, business development, or strategic role in the financial services industry
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to run effective meetings internally and with clients
- Proven capability of effectively interacting with senior-level FactSet and client contacts
- Knowledge of off-platform products, business and commercial models, and/or exchange content
- Willingness to travel and ability to self-motivate
The successful candidate will exemplify the essential leadership behaviors that FactSet has identified as critical to our future growth and corporate culture:
- Operates with Enterprise Mindset
- Leads with Courage and Decisiveness
- Is and Outside-in, Market-Focused Innovation Leader
- Demonstrates a Strategic/Tactical Balance
- Builds Collaborative and Trusting Relationships
- Embraces and Drives Change
- Leads a High-Performing Business Unit
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity