Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Content Strategist role is a part of the Global Marketing team, serving and supporting clients and prospects across the EMEA region, with a strong focus on Sustainability and Sustainable Investing content. As defined by the content strategy center of excellence - content strategy includes how we plan, prioritize, create, coordinate and measure content. The Content Strategist will act as a key partner across global marketing and EMEA, helping with the development of content, continually improving the content user experience, and ensuring content aligns to the needs of the brand and the business. There are three key areas this role will focus on: Content Strategist for EMEA-led Initiatives
This role will work with Marketing Strategists, Digital Strategists, and members of the content and creative teams to develop best-in-class content solutions, driven by data and insights, that meet editorial best practices and brand standards. This role will partner with the Global Editorial Director to create a comprehensive and transparent pipeline of content to be shared broadly, as well as identify audience specific content needs in the EMEA market. Identify content that can be leveraged from broader use and tailored for the EMEA channels, as well as identify when audience-specific content is needed to best meet the needs of the EMEA business. This role will help drive a personalization strategy for key EMEA audiences to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time based on their persona, preferences, and behavior. This role will also focus on content distribution, discoverability, and promotion, including synchronizing efforts across social media, syndication, and SEO/SEM, among other channels. This role will partner with global marketing's social media lead to develop a content pipeline for EMEA for our social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. The Content Strategist will also partner with the EMEA marketing and digital strategists to identify regional social media channels for EMEA, and how to continuously optimize the social selling program for our sales team members. This role will partner with our SEO/SEM global and regional team members and external partners to help define the SEO strategy for EMEA-focused content terms. Collaborate with the web team and the content team to develop a unified taxonomy for our content as well as implement a robust metadata strategy. EMEA lead for Sustainable Investing Content
The Content Strategist will partner with members of the Sustainable Investing (SI) campaign team to identify and produce SI content that specifically addresses areas of focus for EMEA, and its target audiences, with an eye to scale globally, or adapt global content locally. This role is responsible for understanding regulatory policy as it pertains to Sustainable Investing practices in EMEA. The Content Strategist will partner with product marketing to develop content aligned to the suite of products focused on SI. This role will also collaborate with internal thought leaders and stakeholders to identify expertise to help generate SI content. Global Marketing is highly collaborative, and the content creation process often involves brainstorming and feedback from peers both inside and outside of Global Marketing. As such, the role requires flexibility, effective written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment. Website Redesign Initiative - "One Wellington"
This role will help lead the EMEA content strategy for the firm's integrated website project, focusing on areas that align with EMEA business priorities including, but not limited to, channel, thought leadership, campaign and product marketing content. The Content Strategist will partner closely with the agencies working on the One Wellington project, as well as with key members of the Global Marketing and IT teams. This role will be instrumental in defining the content strategy for a new, unified website, that incorporates both Wellington.com and WellingtonFunds.com, as well as our client portal. Responsibilities include collaborating on a content audit, identifying content redundancies and gaps, developing content for key focus areas for EMEA, and collaborating with others in marketing about how to best tailor and develop regional content. This role will partner with others in marketing to develop key personas and buyer journeys that identify when, where, and how to deliver effective content, why and to whom. The content strategist will also partner with the analytics team and the regional digital strategist to understand the efficacy of key touchpoints across the buyer journey and make content optimizations and recommendations. RESPONSIBILITIES
This role includes working knowledge of and familiarity with content management operations, such as an editorial calendar, content creation workflows and processes and leveraging a robust publishing calendar. As a Content Strategist, responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the editorial team and internal stakeholders to identify key areas of focus, topics and insights to promote in thought leadership and SI content ensuring alignment with strategic business growth priorities
- Maintaining an external lens - build knowledge of industry trends and key competitors' content activities
- Creating and publishing relevant, original, high-quality content for the business - be a strong storyteller
- Packaging and promoting our content for effective delivery and distribution
- Understanding and implementing use of key performance indicators relevant to key content-led initiatives to measure success
- Collaborating with the analytics team to identify trends and themes, implement a test and learn approach, optimize content strategy, and make recommendations
The Content Strategist role requires a well-organized individual with relevant content strategy and development expertise, preferably in the asset management/ financial services industry. The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is essential. Must be able to solve problems quickly and maintain creativity in a fast-paced environment. Other core qualifications include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Relevant asset management or financial services industry; deep understanding of investment concepts and audiences
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal. Must be able to write, edit and proofread copy across a number of marketing channels.
- Ability to read, write and speak in multiple languages a plus
- Exhibits an executive presence - polished speaker, strong presentation skills, articulate, confident, optimistic, and persuasive, professional at all times
- Ability to proactively drive projects in a highly matrixed and collaborative team environment, exercising sound judgment with regard to use of internal resources, firm brand, and regulatory compliance
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently
- Share best practices and identify innovation in content user experiences
- Strong strategic thinking ability - able to connect the dots / big picture
- Mentoring ability - be a good teacher and positive example for less experienced team members
- Demonstrate grace under pressure; ability to adapt
- Entrepreneurial mindset - enjoy building and having an impact, rolling up sleeves" and getting things done
- Flexibility and the ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence, and act decisively
Content Strategist LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .