Consumer Credit Investments (Intern)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- 02 Oct 17 2017-10-02
We are a fast growing asset management firm focussed on direct lending opportunities in Europe. Our current investment activity extends across commercial real estate finance, residential mortgage finance and other asset-backed lending markets. We believe the structural reconfiguration of lending markets offers scalable and sustainable opportunities that deliver compelling risk returns. Due to our expansion, we are looking to hire an intern to join ASAP for a 3-6 month internship, with a view to offering a full time analyst position.
We are looking for a talented intern to join our investment team that has significant capital available to deploy in residential mortgages and consumer lending. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping the team in all phases of the lending process and portfolio management and will work closely with key functions of the firm.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and dynamic team, with real transaction exposure from day 1, and to broaden your experience within a rapidly expanding organisation.
- Work with the team to originate and grow its lending book
- Build detailed cash flow models to forecast and monitor portfolio performance and conduct stress testing and scenario analysis
- Support in the research, underwriting and due diligence of consumer lending markets and loan portfolios
- Assist the team to establish and manage different funding structures (i.e. Warehousing, Securitisations, Whole Loan Investments, Equity Capital)
- Contribute to portfolio management and investor reporting activities
- Assist in hedging portfolio interest rate risk
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
- An excellent academic record, student at a top university, ideally in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics or Finance
- A demonstrated interest in the sector and a solid understanding of the underlying fundamentals
- Strong teamwork and project management skills
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical and modelling skills
- Ability to accurately analyse and interpret large volumes of data and to present it in a simple and understandable way
- Proficient in Excel and VBA