Consumer Credit Investments (Analyst)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 18
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and dynamic team, with real transaction exposure from day one, and to broaden your experience within a rapidly expanding organisation.
We are a fast growing asset management firm focused on direct lending opportunities in Europe. Our current investment activity extends across commercial real estate finance, residential mortgage finance and other asset-backed lending markets. We believe the structural reconfiguration of lending markets offers scalable and sustainable opportunities that deliver compelling risk returns.
We are looking for a talented analyst to join our investment team that has significant capital available to deploy in residential mortgages and consumer lending. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the team in all phases of the lending process and portfolio management, and will work closely with external parties and key functions of the firm.
- Support the business to originate new loans and grow the lending book
- Build detailed cash flow models to monitor portfolio and investment performance
- Support in the research, underwriting and due diligence of consumer lending markets and loan portfolios
- Assist the team to structure, execute and manage different funding structures (i.e. warehousing, securitisations, whole loan investments, equity capital)
- Contribute to portfolio management and investor reporting
- Assist in managing portfolio interest rate risk
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
- An excellent academic record from a leading university, ideally in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics or Finance
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual with a genuine interest in the sector
- Familiarity with structured finance and interest rate hedging
- Strong teamwork and project management skills
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical and modelling skills
- Ability to accurately analyse and interpret large volumes of data and to present it in a simple and understandable way
- Proficient in Excel and VBA