Consultant, Supply Chain Transformation, Consulting, London
If you are looking for a high impact role helping global businesses achieve their goals through transforming their Supply Chains, then this is the role for you.
Deloitte's Supply Chain and Network Operations Practice works closely with clients to implement business change through creative and value adding work. Our high calibre, enthusiastic team has market leading capabilities in Supply Chain Transformation advisory services, with a reputation backed by a long list of client credentials. We combine strategic thinking with hands on practicality, working alongside our clients to diagnose and solve their most critical Supply Chain challenges. We transform and optimise end to end supply chains - addressing traditional client challenges whilst driving next generation thinking as organisations evolve to meet the complexities brought by digital disruption and increasing pressure on sustainable and responsible supply chains.
Enterprise Technology & Performance
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
You will become part of our highly skilled Supply Chain team, working within a wider group of Operations professionals of different nationalities and disciplines. You will be working with clients at leading international companies across a range of industries to design and implement high profile, impactful, interesting and engaging Supply Chain transformation projects.
As a Consultant in the team, you will help our clients transform their Supply Chain whilst building your own skills and knowledge. As part of our team, you will develop and implement leading edge operational strategies and responsible supply chains enabled by innovative processes and technologies.
Whilst fulfilling your own career and personal growth ambitions, you will be simultaneously contributing to practice development, refining our industry-leading approaches to maintain our cutting edge. This could also be through supporting pieces of thought leadership and developing new propositions as well as taking opportunities to contribute to the development and management of our team. With coaching and mentoring from the wider team, you will also be contributing to our healthy pipeline by supporting the development of sales proposals or pitches.
Your work, your choice
- Playing a key role as a member of one of our projects teams working directly with clients to deliver their objectives and solve complex supply chain problems; analysing and interpreting data; producing and presenting high quality work package deliverables; designing processes and working with colleagues to design supply chain tools and systems; delivering engaging and interactive workshops; project managing diverse engagements; and gaining commitment from key stakeholders
- Taking responsibility for individual work packages and ensuring that these are delivered on time and to an exceptional standard of quality, to meet client expectations;
- Helping to engage clients through providing leading practice examples which you will continue to build through your own experiences;
- Actively participating in and contributing to the success of the practice;
- Proactively driving your own development through access to on the job coaching and an array of training options; and
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience
- Experience in delivering projects and programmes involving Supply Chain processes, such as Supply Chain Planning, Inventory Management, Fulfilment, Warehousing, Manufacturing and/or Logistics
- Experience of the organisational models, processes and technologies used to execute Supply Chain processes;
- A real passion and enthusiasm for Supply Chain combined with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to think quickly and creatively to solve client issues;
- Strong MS PowerPoint, Excel and report writing skills, as well as broad consulting skills which should include interviewing, data analysis, facilitation of client workshops and delivery of pitches;
- A willingness to work across different industries and geographies if required;
Your service line: Consulting
- Experience in developing operating models (covering people, process and technology) based on functional supply chain operations
- Experience in bringing together business and IT stakeholders to deliver supply chain transformations
- Driving cost reduction through focused and measured performance improvements
- Experience as part of technology-enabled transformations (including Supply Chain ERP, planning, warehouse management, transport management and IoT)
- Use of data analytics tools to support Supply Chain decision making
- Whilst we work across a multitude of industries, we are particularly interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following industries; Automotive, Consumer and Industrial Products, Defence, Retail as well as Life Sciences & Healthcare.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 174784