Consultant (SQL, Java and/or C#)- Technical Implementation Services (Charles River); Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Consultant (SQL, Java and/or C#)- Technical Implementation Services (Charles River); OfficerCharles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018.
- Assist, from a technical standpoint, in the implementation of a sophisticated trade order management and compliance monitoring systems to the fund management industry
- Provide technical consultancy services for clients and their CRD Account Managers including; install, configure and test software; problem investigation; database configuration, tracing and performance analysis.
- Provide technical consultancy services for systems integration
- Design and development of solutions for additional Client requirements
- This role involves extensive travel and will involve spending time working on Client sites both in London and the EMEA region.
- Experience in at least one major DBMS (MS SQL Server or Oracle), including installation, configuration and development.
- Good knowledge and experience of
- PL/SQL or TransactSQL (MS SQL Server)
- Complex SQL
- Debugging and optimization
- System interfacing and integration
- Commercial, real life development experience in Java and/or C#.
- Development experience in some or all of the following would be an advantage
- Web Services
- Crystal Reports
- XML Messaging
- Excel VBA
- Exposure to working in Financial services; front- or middle-office, or fund management business areas ideal.
- Experience dealing with users or clients from either a technical or business area. Desire to work in Client facing environment.
- Some knowledge of;
- Project phasing and reporting
- On-site delivery
- Systems support
- Operational procedures
- Batch processing
- System sizing and capacity planning
- System backup, contingency and disaster recovery
- Regional roll outs
- Third level qualification essential ideally a Technical Bachelors Degree.
- Fluency in a European language highly desirable.