Consultant Relations Director
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The UK is a key area of growth and investment for Wells Fargo Asset Management. Over the last year our UK distribution team has expanded and seen success and growth in asset under management. We are looking for talented individuals to join the team at this exciting time. The Position:
We are seeking to recruit a highly proficient Consultant Relations Director to join our London based UK team. The role will primarily entail driving business development through global and UK focused investment consultants. It is also expected the candidate will be involved in strategic planning across WFAM's strategic business segments including UK Defined Contribution (DC) and Responsible Investing.
The candidate will primarily work with the Head of EMEA Consultant Relations and UK Institutional Sales Director, however will also patrner with our Head of International Distribution (London based), Head of Global Constant Relations (San Francisco based) and other WFAM senior leaders.
We expect the candidate to be key in driving forward our strategy for UK focused investment consultants including primary ownership for the majority of those relationships. The candidate will also have coverage of 1 or 2 global consultants and expected to engage with field consultants across the UK as a key part of their role. The candidate may also occasionally involved in direct UK institutional client coverage. Responsibilities:
Work with large global and UK focused investment consultants, driving the development strategy, execution of that strategy and ongoing maintenance of those relationships. The director will interact with consultants around investment strategy, portfolio performance, new investment solutions, market developments, trends and all aspects related to our service to underlying institutional investors.
The director will be supported in the maintenance of new and existing investment consultant relationships by the WFAM EMEA distribution team, however will ultimately be expected to own, deepen and grow these relationships.
The candidate will primarily be responsible for maintaining and developing investment consultant ratings WFAM's investment strategies and solutions.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Partner with sales, portfolio managers, product specialists, client relations, senior management, operations, risk management, technology and all support functions to manage all service, sales and support activities for assigned consultants.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the team's solutions offered.
- Offer feedback and recommendations to the investment teams with the objective of making the solution better suited to institutional consultants.
- Own the RFP process supported by WFAM's RFP team and London based distribution team.
- Developing presentations/ marketing material, working with internal marketing and compliance teams
- Leading and coordinating consultant meetings, producing comprehensive briefing documents/research ahead of meetings working with and guiding the consultant associate team.
- Managing distribution of periodic marketing collateral
- Owning consultant database entries
- Partnering with Institutional Consultant team and UK Client Directors on strategic planning initiatives including DC strategy for the UK market.
- Collaborate with Global Consultant Relations Team on global initiatives.
- Support WFAM's Head of Global Consultant Relations and Head of International Distribution in developing business strategy.
- May lead other team members.
Market Skills and Certifications Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience and proven success of working with large institutional asset owners and/or investment consultants, or equivalent investment experience including a proven ability to identify and influence decision makers at consultant or UK institutional investors.
- A solutions mindset to develop a broad and deep understanding of the consultant's needs and challenges and work to meet those needs by leveraging the capabilities across WFAM.
- Ability to hold consultative meetings and deliver solution oriented proposals
- Ability to work independently, to prioritise and exercise time management
- Ability and desire to work in small team-based environment
- A strong sense of professional and personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Demonstration of initiative, accountability and focus on quality
This role is deemed a Controlled Function: Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function (CF30) and SMCR equivalent.
- Consultant relations or investment consulting experience
- Experience and established relationship with UK focused investment consultants
- Quantitative degree
- Achieved professional investment management qualification or equivalent, for example CFA/FIA/CAIA/CIIA
- Experience and proven results in developing and executing a UK DC strategy
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.