Long term consulting engagement in a major investment bank to support UK/ Europe Start date will be August 202112 months plus duration. Focus on IMA deliverables (PRA) and overall market risk management. Ideally you will have expertise in regulatory liaison with the PRA on risk assessments.(SMF)
- Providing an advisory role across market risk management focusing on governance and regulatory compliance
- Ideally will have worked very closely on the IMA related deliverables with PRA and ECB and market risk regulatory self assessments and specially running the Annual SMF attestation for PRA.
- Providing oversight, challenge and assurance of compliance with regulatory requirements with a focus on the UK and EU requirements, for example, through regulatory self-assessments
- Assessing new market risk relevant regulatory requirements such as FRTB, CRR2 and particularly those impacting internal capital model(IMA)
- Submitting market risk capital model change related applications to the UK and EU regulators
- Development and review of EMEA Risk Management policies and procedures
- Managing or presenting at the relevant EMEA Risk Management Committees
- Managing the PRA regulatory relationship including coordination of regulatory visits and responses to PRA feedback
- Ad-hoc initiatives, including development and implementation of the Risk Management Framework.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, ideally in Finance, Economics, Law or similar
- Business knowledge of capital markets (sales and trading)
- Prior experience in market risk management or governance roles within a wholesale financial services environment
- Prior experience in assessing compliance with prudential regulatory requirements
- Business writing experience, with particular emphasis on policies, standards, guidelines etc.
- Project management experience
- Strategic thinker with the confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate
- Understanding of banking regulation relating to risk management
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations
- Ability to work in a small team environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders