Consultant, IOS Developer, Digital, Consulting, London
This role at Deloitte sits within our Digital team. For us, developers are not people who sit in a room somewhere churning out code. We work alongside clients, their customers and other agency disciplines, combining technical expertise with innovative thinking. It's how we outclass the competition and create the best digital experiences. Your role
As part of our team you'll be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions. You'll have the chance to work with some of the best developers, UX designers and strategists in the business, using digital to shape the future of how we live, work and play.
Your work, your choice
- Own design, implementation, and testing for assigned system components when creating cutting-edge digital solutions
- Develop product and design specs for assigned system components working collaboratively with leaders in the business.
- Implements and executes tests of assigned portion of system components.
- Work with outstanding digital talent across disciplines to innovate and solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients.
- Be a custodian of the detail, performing all duties and responsibilities as required by the Engineering Procedures.
- Constantly looking for improvements to assigned portion of system components.
- Going beyond standard duties and responsibilities to champion small details, spot opportunities and add extra value for our clients.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Based in our airy and bustling London office, with its legendary coffee machine and model train track, you'll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role will be worked on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
Overall, you're an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer - that's important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We're expanding fast, so we're looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Salary; Market Rate. Open date: 30.10.19; Closing date: 27.11.19. Full Time Your service line: Consulting
- Demonstrable knowledge commercial knowledge directly-related experience within software development.
- Working experience in iOS development and proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment.
- Has delivered at least one product, preferably in an Agile Development team.
- Strong OOAD experience.
- Experience with integrating with other systems through web services, e.g. RESTful APIs.
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning.
- Solid debugging (Xcode preferred) and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of MVC development patterns.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173592