Consultant - Systems Engineer ETPA
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
We are ETPA (Enterprise Technology Production Assurance), an advanced and dedicated team staffed with a diverse skill set. The ETPA Systems Engineer combines traditional systems admin skills along with advanced application support, automation, and troubleshooting skills to enable rapid resolution of critical issues with CME Group's electronic trading systems amongst many Clearing Applications.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and running large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant, and latency sensitive applications that run CME Group's business and provide our customers with extremely fast access to our markets. This individual will work on systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days during times of turmoil or surprises in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. It's a very critical and exciting role where every day is different, challenging, and rewarding.
- Works closely with our Technical Operations and Business Operations teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other teams (DBAs, Networking, Development, etc) as needed for the resolution.
- Solves problems creatively and communicate effectively.
- Deploys in-house and 3rd party applications with a keen focus on automation and hardening.
- Identifies and resolves performance issues and bottlenecks within the specified SLAs.
- Collaborates with our Global Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
- Operates as an outstanding team player, works well with others, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
- Self-motivated and great under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow.
- Ability to be self-motivated, capable of managing time well, and works efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
- Bare metal Kubernetes on Docker administration
- Istio and Envoy are a big plus
- Linux scripting, and application troubleshooting
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong automation scripting skills (Powershell, Python, Bash, etc)
- Solid understanding of Windows operating systems
- Traditional networking, particularly the ability to troubleshoot issues that involve the network, interpret packet captures, and diagnose connectivity issues. Multicast experience is a plus
- Container and service mesh networking and troubleshooting
- Configuration management and change management experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in technical support.
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job title.
- Technical skills supporting 3rd party applications including .Net/C#, Redis, Tibco FTL, Kafka, Docker, Jenkins, and Chef.
- AWS or relative cloud experience.
- Working experience in a Financial industry is a plus.