Consultant - Actuarial, Rewards and Analytics - Human Capital - Life Actuarial - Consulting - London
Joining Deloitte's leading Actuarial Insurance practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Audit, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory - exposing you to cutting edge actuarial work in a strategic, consulting and transactional context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will increase your career options and opportunities markets. Your role
Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing regulatory landscape. You can expect to be involved in a wide variety of assignments. The key services that you could be involved in include:
• Solvency II;
• Finance Transformation;
• Mergers & Acquisitions;
• Capital Management;
• Actuarial modelling;
• Embedded value;
Your work, your choice
- Actively contribute to a wide range of client projects of a technical actuarial nature;
- Having extensive client contact, including dealing with queries, attending meetings with support and working on client sites;
- Contributing to business development, for example leading and assisting with client proposals
- Contributing to development of proprietary material
- Assisting in bringing material to market
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London based role
This is a permanent full time role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients
Salary; Market Rate; Open date: 26.11.2019; Closing date: 24.12.2019. Full Time. Your service line: Consulting
- Experience of the life industry sector;
- Evidence of applying your life industry knowledge in practical and commercial situations;
- Experience of at least one of the following: Solvency II, Finance Transformation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Management, Reserving, Actuarial modelling, Embedded value, Audit or IFRS
- Qualified actuary or evidence of studying towards a recognized actuarial qualification or equivalent;
- Good data analysis skills.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls arestandard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controlsprovide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject toa number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleaguesabide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you andyour "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certainfinancial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of thefirm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progressthrough the recruitment process. AboutDeloitte OurPurpose & Strategy
To make an impact that mattersfor our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we standfor. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration tobe the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it'sabout being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and mostinfluential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. Whatdo we do?
Deloitte offers globalintegrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance,Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Ourapproach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight,consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technologyrevolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excelanywhere in the world. Beyondthe UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of DeloitteNorth and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloittenetwork. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy,Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway andSweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partnersand over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth ofcapabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, riskadvisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSEsupports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional servicesand will create more opportunity and growth for our people. Whatdo we value?
At Deloittewe foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce theirbest work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinelydistinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at theheart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hearfrom some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways .We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers forWorking Families for the eighth consecutive year, andto have been listed in The Times Top 50Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Beinga Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fitand purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set theexample and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people andtake an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside andoutside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities todevelop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expectcolleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadershipculture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most importantfor our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charterhelps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- Welive our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing andliving our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- Wedevelop talent: we develop high-performing people and teamsthrough challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Wedrive performance: we deliver exceptional clientservice; maximise results and drive high performance from people whilefostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Webelieve positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example andestablishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Wemove, together, towards a strategic direction: we understandkey objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives andsetting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 164368