FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
My client, a multinational Investment Bank based in the city, is seeking a Confirmations analyst to join a team responsible for the preparation and subsequent monitoring of confirmations for OTC Derivatives, Securities and Commodities.
My client, a multinational Investment Bank based in the city, is seeking a Confirmations analyst to join a team responsible for the preparation and subsequent monitoring of confirmations for OTC Derivatives, Securities and Commodities. This person will be responsible for managing the confirmation lifecycle, ensuring that confirmations are sent in line with the bank's confirmations policy and current regulations.
The role holder will also manage the matching of confirmations, the monitoring of confirmation matching platforms, FOBO reconciliations and manual production of confirmations when required.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISDA documentation.
- Review of incoming client confirmations and identification of any discrepancies.
- Knowledge and understanding of EMIR/Dodd-Frank Regulations.
- Perform reconciliations (non-affirmed trades).
- Monitor confirmations as they pass through the workflows and address exceptions.
- Liaising with internal and external clients on a daily basis.
- Provide support to the wider Operations team by liaising with Front Office to undertake corrective action required to resolve exceptions/ breaks captured on downstream operational control points.
- Ensure all trade amendments are fully reviewed and amended confirmations generated where applicable.
- Ensure that Regulatory obligations particularly with regard to timeliness of confirmation dispatch and matching.
- Provide support to "Change the Bank (CTB)" teams by participating in the development of business requirements, test scenarios and execution of (user) testing schedules.
- Ensure that the appropriate controls exist in support of the change environment.
- Ensure that risk items are escalated appropriately to ensure that the business operates in a controlled manner and that all key risk issues are raised to management and key business stakeholders.
- Constantly review the control framework to ensure that changes to the business operating model and the products traded are appropriately risk-managed.
- Perform a daily review of all outstanding confirmations and actively chase counterparties. Escalate to the business and senior Operations management for aged items.
- Report all risk incidents and/or client dissatisfaction to Operations Control within 48 hours of identification. Where necessary assist Operations Control with the investigation of these incidents.
- Provide daily MI reporting as agreed with senior management and Operations Control.
- Provide the highest level of client service when dealing with both internal and external clients of the bank.
- Challenge current processes and procedures to ensure they are fully optimized.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including the Business and the Risk, HR, IT, Compliance, Legal and Internal Audit departments.
- Ensure that all mandatory training is completed within the agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that procedures relevant to the role are kept up-to-date and recorded in the relevant share drive.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Banking experience
- Knowledge of ISDA documentation
- Understanding of FCA rules and regulations
- Solid understanding of typical risk management and control frameworks
- Knowledge of Emerging Markets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick