Skills required (essential)
- Excellent presentation skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Compliance Testing.
- Previous experience of Sales & Trading, Investment Banking, and/or Investment Management, whether though Compliance experience or working within the business or other controls functions. Prior experience of Compliance Testing essential.
- Ability to identify the key compliance risks in the area subject to testing and to think creatively about how these risks might manifest in practice and how a test could seek to identify this.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with members of the Compliance Department and employees in the business units and control functions subject to testing, challenging information received or decision made in a constructive way.
- Broad understanding of the FCA and PRA Handbooks and the approach of regulators in EMEA and globally, with particular focus on US regulators.