Compliance Risk Manager in London | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Compliance Risk Manager
What you'll do
- This is a chance to operate in a second line of defence oversight and challenge role, specialising in Conduct, Treasury, Finance, Ringfencing and Markets compliance
- You'll deliver independent and proactive regulatory advice to senior leaders and employees, and recommend actions on compliance risk
- It's a chance to showcase your existing knowledge of conduct and risk, take advantage of our development opportunities and advance your career
In your new role, you'll make sure that the Finance activities comply with the organisation's compliance risk appetite and the risk management standards requested from stakeholders. You'll develop and deliver an independent oversight and assurance framework on Finance compliance.
You'll also manage the engagement with the central functions to understand their respective requirements and strategic developments, so you can deliver on the business's responsibilities within these.
The skills you'll need
- Evaluate and understand all elements of internal policy, working with the respective policy standard owner delegates within Treasury to challenge and help implement assurance activities
- Utilise experience and knowledge to support senior colleagues in understanding, overseeing, challenging and enforcing intelligent risk taking
- Work in partnership with other members within the team, reviewing and performing the calculations then providing analysis, commentary and explanation to stakeholders
- Support senior managers in respect of materials presented and issues discussed at the committees
- Assist with the maintenance of the management framework, including the proposals for risk appetite and policy documentation
You'll need extensive experience within a risk function, ideally with exposure to finance and markets practices, and a good understanding of financial products.
You'll also need:
- Experience in a compliance or conduct role, interpreting regulatory rules and regulations
- Strong knowledge of the UK's regulatory environment and its frameworks applicable to Finance functions such as Treasury and Ringfencing
- Problem solving capabilities with the ability to research rules and regulations and provide practical advice on applicability and compliance strategies to the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence business stakeholders
- The ability to produce high quality work to meet challenging deadlines
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.