London, England, United Kingdom
A well respected banking organisation is looking for a Compliance Testing Officer to join their compliance department. As part of the team you will work in a cohesive manner to ensure the business controls are fit for purpose and in line with regulatory obligations to the FCA.
This role reports to a team lead within the reviews function.
- Provide expert technical advice in regards to compliance and its application of regulatory controls.
- Planning and carrying out reviews of functions in accordance with the planned review schedule and on a thematic risk-based approach.
- Providing compliance subject matter expertise and support for the monitoring team working with the team to identify adverse trends, poor controls and systemic risks
- Drafting and issuing reports of each functional review
- Recording and tracking the implementation of review recommendations
- Presentation to senior management and the board.
- Extensive experience in a public or private side desk reviews.
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Background in compliance, preferably including Monitoring and Testing, Risk, Audit or Control Functions
- Ability to undertake and support junior team members with branch reviews.
- Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development