Compliance Review Officer (VP)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Report to the Head of Compliance Reviews and execute risk based desk/thematic reviews and testing across business areas within EMEA.
The Compliance Risk Oversight and Review Team support the firm's management of Compliance Risk across the Global Markets, Investment Banking businesses and Corporate/Infrastructure functions in the EMEA region through the development and delivery of a Compliance Review Programme. The Team is also responsible for executing and overseeing the EMEA Compliance Risk Assessment process.
- Report to the Head of Compliance Reviews and execute risk based desk/thematic reviews and testing across business areas within EMEA.
- Employ strong investigative techniques including in-depth interviewing, inspection, observation and analytical procedures to assess compliance with key compliance risk and regulatory requirements, internal Compliance policies and effectiveness of key controls.
- Develop practical recommendations for corrective action to be taken by the business or corporate function in order to adequately mitigate compliance risks.
- Draft clear and concise compliance review reports.
- Maintain accurate and consistent working papers to demonstrate compliance testing undertaken.
- Participate in meetings with the business and senior management to discuss issues and findings
- Manage subsequent tracking and follow up on any actions recommended
- Assist with the production of Compliance MI for Senior Management on reviews completed and issues identified by the Compliance Review Team.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Risk Assessment and Review methodologies.
Key objectives critical to success:
- A good understanding of broader EU regulation and the FCA handbooks and the ability to apply the knowledge in a commercial environment
- Ability to perform risk based analysis of data and processes to identify risks and remedial actions
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience of compliance or related review work in an Investment Banking/Trading and/or corporate environment.
- Good working knowledge of financial products and services
- Background in a risk and control environment
- Knowledge of Front Office, Markets, Sales and trading processes
- Knowledge of Operational functions impacted by conduct or market regulation, e.g. Transaction reporting, CASS
- Knowledge of exchanges and clearing processes
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to articulate information in a clear and concise manner in order to influence decision making at all levels of the organisation
- Attention to detail and ability to spot anomalies
- Excellent report writing and editing skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to identify control and regulatory issues and to propose practical and sustainable solutions
- Excellent PC skills including Word / Excel / PowerPoint