A leading Insurance Brokerage are looking for a Compliance Policy Analyst on an interim basis. This is a varied role which includes reviewing and maintaining the policy framework, interpreting new and existing regulatory developments to provide pragmatic business advice and the development of engaging training and communication.
Reporting to the Head of Policy and Regulatory Developments, the Policy Analyst will;
- Review policies and procedures against regulatory requirements, to support regulatory compliance within the business that drives capability, conduct and culture.
- Assist with providing advice on appropriate controls to support these policies and procedures and evidence adherence to them.
- Play a key part in the roll out of updated policies and ongoing management and enhancement of the policy framework.
- Support the development of training (for both the business and compliance function) to support new or updated policies and emerging regulatory developments
- Supporting a range of significant projects with regulatory implications for the business.
- Maintain excellent and up-to-date knowledge of the UK regulatory framework and champion a leading role in determining the response to regulatory change.
- Undertake horizon scanning to identify upcoming developments within the UK regulatory regime, issuing internal communications to inform colleagues across the business and compliance of new regulatory initiatives and upcoming changes.
- Support the provision of technical advice to compliance and business colleagues
- Professional experience within an insurance broking or insurance environment
- Previous experience of maintaining a horizon scanning process and providing advice in relation to regulatory developments.
- Ability to work, both individually and as a team, under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision.
- Previous project management experience desirable but not essential.
- Strong regulatory and corporate governance knowledge/understanding.
- Must be committed to maintaining a robust compliance culture and high ethical standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office packages needed, particularly PowerPoint